Newstead Building A
Controllers of Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by leinsterrugby.ie is controlled by Leinster Rugby, Registered office Newstead Building A, UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland. For enquiries regarding data protection please firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information do we collect? How do we use it?
When you order over our website we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address, credit or debit card number, expiry date (and valid from date and issue number for Switch cards). This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of the status of your order. You will find that it is not compulsory to provide us with any additional information we request which is not necessary or reasonable in order to complete your transaction.
We also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order. We will give your name and address to our couriers and we may also give them your telephone number to aid the delivery of your order.
When you register on the website or, during the process of purchasing goods from the website and choose to receive further information from us, we may use the information you provide us with for the following purposes:
• We monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us to develop the design and layout of the website.
• Personal details may be for purposes such as notifying you of Leinster Rugby and IRFU (Leinster Branch) news, events, fixture, ticket, merchandising and player information which we think may be of interest to you.
• Leinster Rugby will not put any information about you on general release nor will it sell such information to organisations not associated with Leinster Rugby. Personal data will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf such as delivering packages, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and designing and operating our website. Such companies and individuals have access to your personal information for the purpose of carrying out this work only. These enterprises will not use your data for any other purpose. Under no circumstances will these enterprises use any additional data about you to which they are party for any other purposes.
EU Cookie directive
From 26 May 2011 a new European Union directive requires us to gain the consent of our users to download cookies on to their machines. There are various methods we could use to gain users consent. For example, we could use pop-ups; prompting users to tick a box to confirm they give permission for us to download cookies on their machine.
Alternatively, we could use an online form that all users must complete before using the website.
We consider both of these solutions as obtrusive. We want our users find information and services quickly.
There are links on our terms and conditions and disclaimer pages which are in the footer of every web page pointing to this information.
What is a Cookie
Information may be sent to your computer in the form of an Internet “cookie” to allow our servers to monitor your requirements. The cookie is stored on your computer. Our server may request that your computer return a cookie to it.
Such measures are necessary to allow Leinster Rugby to measure the usability of the systems, which will help to continually improve user experience of our websites. Your browser software should however enable you to block cookies if you wish to. For more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located.
These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Leinster Rugby uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. Google Analytics collects first party cookies, which are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour. This information is sent to Google and is used to evaluate how our website is being used. This enables Leinster Rugby to compile statistical reports. A full list of cookies used by Google Analytics and explanations on how these work are available on the Google code website.
Leinster Rugby does not collect (nor allow any third party to collect) personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered with any personally identifying information. We will not link or seek to link an IP address with the identity of a computer user. In short, Google Analytics doesn’t identify who you are, but it does track your movements on our websites.
How to disable cookies
You can stop cookies being downloaded on to your computer by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
There is more information about cookies, including how to delete them on the website aboutcookies.org. You may also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics.
Leinster Rugby recognise that we have legal obligations in terms of the collection and use of personal data made available to us. This website is provided on an “AS IS” basis and Leinster Rugby excludes all warranties or representations of any kind with respect to this website or its contents. In particular, Leinster Rugby does not warrant or represent that the information contained on this website is accurate or up to date.
The contents of this website are designed to comply with Irish law. You may be viewing the website in a market in which we do not commonly sell our goods. Leinster Rugby cannot be held responsible for non-compliance with any local advertising or other laws in relation to this website or its contents.
If you are under the age of 18 you may register on the website to receive newsletters and other information but only with parental or guardian consent. You may only make purchases on this website if you are aged 18 or over or, if under 18, have received parental or guardian consent.
Terms & Conditions of Use
1. This website is owned and operated for and on behalf of Leinster Rugby” “we”, “us”, “our”).
2. In order to access certain areas of the site, we will require you to open an account with us. You must complete the registration process and all the information supplied must be complete and accurate. We will ask you to choose a password, and the responsibility for maintaining the privacy of this account and password is entirely yours. Furthermore, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and you agree to immediately notify Leinster Rugby of any unauthorized use of your account or breach of security and you hereby agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Leinster Rugby against any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the provision or acquisition of your password to or by unauthorized users. By registering with leinsterrugby.ie you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. You may only use your own account, and cannot use anybody else’s account without their prior written permission.
4. Once established, your account will continue indefinitely, unless terminated by you or by Leinster Rugby. You may terminate your account with Leinster Rugby by emailing us at email@example.com. We can terminate your account at any time without prior notice and at our discretion. We reserve the right to e-mail you so long as you continue to have an account with us, unless you specifically request not to receive unsolicited e-mails.
5. We reserve the right to change the terms, conditions and notices under which our services are offered. The user is responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions and for additional terms posted on this website. (i.e. We will not notify you of any change but we will post them on the website.)
6. You may not copy, modify, transmit, display, distribute, perform, reproduce, licence, publish, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information software, or sell products and/or services obtained from this website.
7. The website provides links to other websites and access to content, products and services from third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of the website. You agree that Leinster Rugby is not responsible for the availability of, or content provided on, such third party websites. You should refer to the policies posted by other websites regarding privacy and other topics before you use them. You acknowledge and agree that Leinster Rugby is not responsible for third party content accessible to the website, including opinions, advice, statements and advertisements and understand that you bear all risks associated with the risk of such content. If you choose to purchase any products or services from a third party, your relationship is directly with the third party. You agree that Leinster Rugby is not responsible for:
(a) the quality of third party products and services; and/or
(b) fulfilling any of the terms of the agreement with the seller, including delivery of products or services and warranty obligations related to the purchased products or services. You acknowledge that Leinster Rugby is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort that you may incur from dealing with any third party.
8. You will not use the website/services for any purpose that is in contravention of any applicable local, state, national and international law or regulation or for any purpose that is prohibited by these terms and conditions.
9. You may not use the website in any manner which could damage, disable or impair the service provided on the website or interfere with any other parties use and/or enjoyment of those sites/services. The leinsterrugby.ie website may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, phones, personal web pages, calendars, photo albums, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable the user to communicate with others. We are not obliged to monitor such services, save as directed to do so by law. When using such services, the user agrees not to:
(i) transmit “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letter” or any other like transmissions;
(ii) profane, abuse, stalk, harass, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, publish, distribute or in any other way disseminate any inappropriate, profane, indecent or unlawful material, graphics, topic or information;
(iii) advertise or offer for sale any goods or services, unless specifically allowed to do so;
(iv) restrict, inhibit or interfere with the contribution of other persons;
(v) act in breach in any code of conduct or any other usage guidelines;
(vi) violate any applicable laws or regulations.
10. The services of the website are provided on as “as is” or “as available” basis. The Leinster Rugby makes no representations or warranties of any kind whether express on implied as to the operations of its website, the information, content, materials, or products included or offered for sale on the website. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantable quality and fitness for a particular purpose. You hereby agree that we shall not be liable for any loss, interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any kind (including loss of profits) regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise. No oral advice or written information given by Leinster Rugby, its affiliates, its agents, directors, employees or agents, or the like, shall create a warranty, nor will the user rely on any such information or advice. Leinster Rugby in particular makes no warranty that:
(a) the website will meet your requirements;
(b) the website will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free basis;
(c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the website or any services offered through the website will be accurate or reliable; or
(d) the quality of any products, services, information or the material purchased or obtained by you through the website will meet your expectations.
11. “Forum” means a discussion, chat area, bulletin board, news group, or e-mail function offered as part of the website. You agree not to upload, e-mail, post, publish or otherwise transmit through a forum any content that:
(a) is false or misleading;
(b) is defamatory;
(c) is harassing or invades another’s privacy, or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual;
(d) is obscene;
(e) infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights;
(f) constitutes unsolicited bulk e-mail, “junk mail”, “spam”, or chain letters; or
(g) violates any applicable laws or regulations.
Forums should be used in a non-commercial manner only. You shall not distribute or otherwise publish any content containing a solicitation of funds, promotion, advertising, solicitation for goods or services or other commercial matters. You agree not to solicit other users of the site to use or join or become members of any commercial online or off line service or organisation.
12. Leinster Rugby prohibits minors from making purchases on the leinsterrugby.ie site, or any of its affiliate sites. Each time the user purchases from the site or any of its affiliate sites, the user is representing to Leinster Rugby that he/she is at least 18 years of age.
13. By uploading, e-mailing, posting, publishing or otherwise transmitting any content to Leinster Rugby, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights is expressly granting) Leinster Rugby a perpetual, royalty free, irrevocable, non exclusive right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, transmit and distribute such content on in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed. In addition you warrant that all so called moral rights in such content have been waived.
14. Any content, materials, information or software downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the website, is done at your own discretion and risk. Leinster Rugby shall have no responsibility for any damage to your computer system or for any loss of data that results from the download of any content, materials, information or software or any consequential, incidental or indirect loss arising out of any damage to your computer system or loss of data.
15. You may not access, download, use or export the website, or the content, software, products or services provided on the website in violation of Irish law or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations relating to the export of and import of products. You may download, view, copy and print a document from photographs, videos or other graphics incorporated in these documents from this website subject to the following:
(a) the documents may be used solely for personal, informational, non commercial purposes;
(b) the documents may not be altered or modified in any way. Except where your use constitutes “fair use” under copyright law you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, licence, post, transmit or distribute any information from this website in whole or in part without the express authorisation of Leinster Rugby.
16. All competitions or games of chance operated by the Leinster Rugby on this website are subject to the competition rules as may be posted on the website from time to time. You hereby acknowledge the application of these rules to the operation of competitions and acknowledge that you will adhere to the said rules.
17. All contents of the leinsterrugby.ie website are copyright of Leinster Rugby, Newstead Building A, UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland and/or its suppliers/affiliates.
18. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland, and the parties hereby submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts to settle any disputes in connection with or arising out of the use of this site or its affiliate sites.
19. If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions is found by a court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed to be deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining provisions of the terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.