The Women’s Olympic Sevens Programme Team Manager will be responsible for the all matters related to player welfare, efficient operation (as team manager) and logistical planning of all aspects of the IRFU Women’s Olympic Sevens Team and player pathways…
The role will involve working and travelling with the Women’s National Team (7s) for training camps, home away matches and tours. The role will required significant amount of weekend work and unsociable hours.
KEY QUALITIES OF THE CANDIDATE:
• Previous experience as manager in an environment requiring rapid decision making and complex planning – Desirable candidate would have had previous sport experience, however this is not necessary
• Relationship Management; The ability to develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring they understand the IRFU and conveying the importance of their role in contributing to Irish Rugby Success
• Planning and Organisation; Have the ability to determine priorities for self and others, prepare and plan effectively and manage time, with the ability to adapt rapidly to changing conditions
• Communication; clearly conveying information and idea’s through players and/or stakeholder groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Continuous improvement; originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities and implement solutions and measure impact
• Implementation of strict budget and accounts procedures
• Good problem solving skills and strong initiative
• A good knowledge of MS Office packages
• A keen interest in sport
• Serve as team manager for the Women’s Olympic Sevens Programme
• Team Manager for National Training Camps and Tournament
• Operational Management of 7s Pathway
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT:
In the first instance, a two year Fixed-Term appointment will be offered, with an option for the IRFU to exercise an extension through to the Olympics if the Irish team has qualified
The successful candidate will be based in our new state of the art facility in Dublin City University (DCU).
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter (of no more than one page) supporting your application to email@example.com or by post to Eoin Ward, HR Department, IRFU, 10/12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 15 November 2013 at 5pm.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.
*Applicants should note that candidates called for interview will need to ensure they are available on Wednesday, 20th November 2013