Railway Union RFC is a progressive junior club based in Sandymount, Dublin 4. The club has a young management team, is player-focused and goal-driven…
The club had an extremely successful 2012/13 season, with our Men’s 1sts, Men’s 2nds and the Women’s 1sts winning their respective leagues and cup campaigns currently ongoing.
The club will field four adult men’s sides in 2013/14 – at Leinster League J1 and J2, Metro J4, and JP Flanagan U21s – as well as three adult women’s sides and an underage structure from ages 2 to 18.
The club has a number of coaching vacancies for the 2013/14 season to assist in the implementation of our plans and share in our success:
• Men’s 1st Team: Head Coach (Forwards or Backs specialist)
• Men’s 1st Team: Assistant Coach (Forwards or Backs specialist)
• Under 21s Team: Head Coach (Forwards or Backs specialist)
• Under 21s Team: Assistant Coach (Forwards or Backs specialist)
We have developed the structures and detailed plans, including some very innovative developments that will ensure the success of all sides. We are happy to discuss these plans in detail with candidates at interview.
We are interested in ambitious coaches, who will achieve with us and who we can work with to further develop their coaching career. Experience is important – but attitude, energy and commitment is as important to us.
As a coach of the club, we can offer you:
• A focus on your coaching development and coaching goals, including regular development meetings, feedback on progression, attendance at IRFU/Leinster Branch coaching courses, and every assistance to allow you to reach your coaching potential.
• Top class training and playing facilities to work with, including a club gym, changing rooms and showers, an established Player Welfare Programme (including club medic, club physiotherapist and Strength and Conditioning Coach), and modern training equipment (both rugby and rugby-conditioning specific).
• Talented, ambitious and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams and their club.
• Evening matches, under our match standard floodlights.
• A strong club culture, with excellent off-field structures to ensure your coaching success.
• Talented and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams and their club.
• A vibrant and regular social programme, including pre-season tour, trips to the Kinsale 7s and an end of season overseas tour.
• Opportunities to engage in the local community and provide networking opportunities that may assist in work and/or business opportunities.
• A coaching pathway, giving further coaching opportunities as the club expands and your career develops.
As well as experienced coaches, these positions may suit players who are currently playing at a high standard (AIL or otherwise) and would like to continue playing and adding on-the-field with the Railway senior side, whilst simultaneously beginning to develop their coaching career. We are also interested in existing schools coaches who wish to develop their coaching at U21 or Adult level, in conjunction with their schools coaching role.
Please send applications to Hon. Secretary Alan Horgan at email@example.com. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.