UPDATE: Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Summer Camps at Ashbourne RFC, Boyne RFC, Blackrock College RFC, Clontarf FC, Coolmine RFC, Dundalk RFC, Gorey RFC, Greystones RFC, Kilkenny RFC, MU Barnhall RFC, Mullingar RFC, Newbridge RFC, North Kildare RFC, Terenure College RFC and Wexford Wanderers RFC are all sold out, as are all five camps taking place at Energia Park.
2020 Summer Camp Venues and Dates
|Dates:||Venue:||Age Group Catered For:|
|July 20th – 24th||Energia Park – SOLD OUT||Under 10 & 12|
|Westmanstown RFC||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Kilkenny RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Longford RFC||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|July 27th – 31st||Coolmine RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Energia Park – SOLD OUT||Under 8 & 10|
|Clondalkin RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Dundalk RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Tullamore RFC||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|August 3rd – 7th||Energia Park – SOLD OUT||Under 8 & 12|
|Terenure College RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Newbridge RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Boyne RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Wexford Wanderers RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|August 10th – 14th||Clontarf FC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Energia Park – SOLD OUT||Under 10 & 12|
|Ashbourne RFC||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Gorey RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|MU Barnhall RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Mullingar RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|August 17th – 21st||Energia Park – SOLD OUT||Under 8 & 10|
|Blackrock College RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Navan RFC||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|Greystones RFC- SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
|North Kildare RFC – SOLD OUT||Under 8, 10 & 12|
2020 Summer Camp Arrangements
The Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Summer Camps will take place in 21 venues around the province in July and August.
The camps were originally cancelled in June due to Covid-19 but with restrictions easing nationally, Leinster Rugby, its host clubs and the Club Covid Officers in each are delighted to offer five weeks of camps starting on Monday, 20 July.
What to Expect
Due to Covid-19 and with the health and safety of attendees and staff of paramount importance, there will though be a number of changes to the camps from previous years and these were also outlined this morning:
- The camps will be held from 10.00am-1.00pm over five days and a daily COVID-19 health sign-off will be required.
- To ensure compliance with COVID-19 guidelines, the camps will have fewer attendees, with a maximum number of attendees at each venue.
- The camps will be offered on a modified basis and there will be changes to the rugby activities previously offered.
- All camp activities will be held outdoors and apart from toilet facilities, there will be no indoor facilities available.
- There will be no visit from professional Leinster Rugby players.
- Every camp goer will receive an Adidas training top, Rhino rugby ball and drawstring bag.
Terms and conditions
- The hours of the camp are from 10 am to 1pm. Leinster Rugby will not be responsible for any child left unsupervised outside these hours.
- The Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Summer Camps are for children aged strictly between 6-12 years. This year’s camps will have 3 different age groups: under 8s, under 10s and under 12.
- Each camp will be priced at €70. There will be no reduced second camp offer and no discount for siblings this summer.
- Every camp attendee gets a training Adidas t-shirt, Rhino rugby ball, and drawstring bag.
- Online bookings only and an administration charge of €5 will apply for all bookings.
- No children can take part in the camp, if the Personal Health Declaration is not submitted for that day.
- Photography and video may be taken over the duration of the camps and will be used only for promotional purposes.
- There will be no professional player appearances at this summer’s camp.
- The camp will operate on the highest safety standards. Leinster Rugby shall not be responsible for any illness, disease, accident, or loss of property unless occasioned by the willful act of negligence on the part of the camp or its employees.
- Leinster Rugby has the right to refuse admission or to dismiss a participant whose conduct is deemed detrimental to other participants of the camp or Leinster Rugby staff. In such instances, no refunds will be made and any additional costs incurred including transport, will be at the parents’/ guardians’ expense. Parents/guardians shall be liable for any medical expenses incurred.
- Cancellations, for whatever reason, must be made by email prior to the commencement of the camp and will be subject to a forfeiture fee. In the event of cancellation within 7 days or less, you will be responsible for 50% of the cost of the entire booking. People failing to arrive without prior notification are responsible for the entire cost of the booking. No refunds will be made once the camp has commenced.
- In the event of any child becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms, the parent/guardian will be contacted and asked to collect the child immediately.
- If a case of Covid-19 is confirmed, Leinster Rugby will follow the latest HSE advice and all options will then be explored up to and including the camp being brought to an end prematurely.
- Should a camp be cancelled prematurely, a pro rata refund will be available to attendees reflecting the days missed.
- Should a camp be cancelled in advance of the camp starting in line with HSE or Government advice, a full refund will be provided.