What is the URC?
- The United Rugby Championship will kick off in September 2021 as the top clubs from South Africa (Cell C Sharks, DHL Stormers, Emirates Lions and Vodacom Bulls) combine with the Guinness PRO14 to create a world-class 16-team league.
- The United Rugby Championship or URC replaces the Guinness PRO14
- Further information can be found here
Where will games take place this season?
- The RDS Arena is still the home of Leinster Rugby, however with Covid-19 restrictions still in place around stadium capacity, alternative arrangements are being explored to ensure that all 12,000 Season Ticket Holders can be accommodated for all home games for the 2021/22 season
- Aviva Stadium will host the first home game in the United Rugby Championship on the weekend of 24/25/26 September, as well as the Bank of Ireland Pre-Season Friendly against Harlequins on the 10th September (Kick Off: 7.00pm)
Why are the games taking place in the Aviva?
- Stadium capacity at the RDS Arena is still a concern ahead of the start of the new season and as a result Leinster Rugby has sought to give clarity to Season Ticket Holders that they will be accommodated for the first home game of the United Rugby Championship at the Aviva Stadium with a 15,000 capacity to be confirmed in the coming weeks.
Is this just for the two games above?
- We are committed to a return to the RDS Arena as soon as we can safely and in a Covid-compliant manner ensure the return of our 12,000 Season Ticket Holders
- With Government guidelines changing and an improving Covid-19 landscape evolving, we have mapped out alternatives for all eventualities ahead of the start of the new season
- We will have further updates for supporters for further home games in the United Rugby Championship as soon as we have updated guidelines from the Government and we have discussed the situation with all our stakeholders
When are we going back to the RDS Arena?
- Leinster Rugby is committed to a return to the RDS Arena and we have made that position clear to the RDS and indeed our key stakeholders like the Official Leinster Supporters Club
- It is not possible to give a commitment on a certain return date without updated Government guidelines around stadium capacity
- Our priority is a return to the RDS Arena as soon as possible, while accommodating all our Season Ticket Holders, in a safe and Covid-compliant manner
- Until we can ensure that return, we have other options available to us and are committed to exploring all
- Leinster Rugby are open to all options as long as it ensures that our season ticket holders are accommodated at the stadium in question.
- With uncertainty surrounding the capacity at the RDS Arena for the start of the season, a decision was taken to host our first game of the season at Aviva Stadium.
- Should our game against the Vodacom Bulls be a success, we expect to examine a return to the RDS Arena thereafter, with a 75 per cent capacity again the target.
You have announced 75 per cent capacity now, when will it be 100%?
- According to government guidelines outdoor events can now move to 75 per cent capacity, without social distancing, once all attendees who are designated immune and adhere to all protocols.
- If and when the government lift remaining restrictions as planned on 22 October we will consider increasing capacity at that time in line with government guidelines.
How do I know if I can attend?
- In line with government guidelines for the return of supporters to stadia at 75 per cent capacity, all tickets will be available to immune supporters.
- An immune supporter is a person designated by government as fully vaccinated, or recovered from COVID-19 within previous six months, or attending the game as an accompanied minor (U-18).
Is it fair that only immune people can attend?
- The Leinster Rugby decision to ask supporters attending the Aviva Stadium to be fully vaccinated or recovered from Covid-19 (accompanied minors excluded) is in keeping with current government guidelines and based on the huge success of the national vaccination programme. Ninety per cent of adults over 18 are fully vaccinated as it and this is likely to continue to increase in the coming weeks.
- While we accept that a small number of people may be discommoded by this decision it is in line with government guidelines across many sectors, including hospitality and travel.
- Leinster Rugby has followed government guidelines throughout this pandemic and will continue to do so.
Where will my seat be assigned in the Aviva?
- For games in the United Rugby Championship, you will be assigned seats similar to your season ticket price category
- With only certain sections of the Aviva Stadium open to the public, seating and assignment of seats for the two games will be different to what supporters would be used to and will be coordinated by Leinster Rugby staff for the games affected
Will I be able to sit beside my friends/family?
- We will do our best to allocate seats in similar price category in the Aviva Stadium as your season ticket
- As social distancing will be in place we cannot guarantee that you will be seated beside those who you sit beside in the RDS Arena
- Seats will be allocated in pods depending on the number of season tickets in your account
I hold an unreserved area season ticket i.e. North/ South Stand or Anglesea Terrace, can I sit with my friends in the Aviva Stadium?
- Further details will be emailed to season ticket holders in the Anglesea Terrace, North and South Stands and you will be able to nominate another account holder to sit beside
If I have multiple tickets in my season ticket account, will these tickets be allocated together in the Aviva stadium?
- Yes, if you hold two or more tickets in your season ticket account or have a family season ticket (2 adults and 2 juniors) your tickets will be assigned together in the Aviva Stadium
Will I be able to change seat after Leinster Rugby have assigned my tickets to my account?
- Unfortunately, this season it will not be possible to change seat in the Aviva Stadium due to the limited capacity and social distancing in place
How many supporters will be allowed at games in the Aviva Stadium?
- With over 12,000 Season Ticket Holders we will be able to accommodate all our supporters as we have a confirmed capacity of 15,000 for the Bank of Ireland Pre-Season game against Harlequins and our first home game in the new United Rugby Championship
How do I access my Leinster Rugby Ticket Account?
- You can access your account by logging into your account.
- Use your email address and pass to access your personal ticket account
- We recommend you use Google Chrome/Edge or Firefox as your web browser
Where would I find my Account ID number?
- Your Account ID number is printed on an old Season Ticket card or if you log into your online
When will I receive my season card?
- Due to the pandemic we are using digital tickets only
- Log into your account and download your tickets to your Apple/Google Pay wallet or print them as etickets
- You can access your account by logging into your account.
Can I transfer my season ticket for the game I am unable to attend?
- Season tickets are fully transferrable, and we encourage supporters to pass on their tickets to so a friend or relative can enjoy the Leinster Rugby experience
- Tickets can be transferred via your online account
- Please remember on your transfer your ticket this will generate a new barcode which will then void your season ticket for the selected game only
Can a season ticket holder buy additional tickets for non-season ticket holders to sit beside them?
- Any tickets that do become available for public sale will be made available to Season Ticket Holders in a short exclusive window
- However, due to space and Covid-19 restrictions in place at the Aviva Stadium seat placement can not be guaranteed
What are the guidelines in attending live sports events?
- Guidelines will be issued ahead of both games and will be updated closer to the games to reflect the most up to date Government and NPHET guidelines around attending sporting events