Active Leadership Course in St. Laurence O’Toole’s
January 29, 2014 12:00 am client
Active Leadership Course
Date: Sat 8th & 15th Feb
Time: 10am – 3.30pm
Venue: St. Laurence O’Tooles AC
Tutors: Irish Sports Council Tutors
Participants will be equipped to coach in a wide range of locations including local clubs, community groups, workplaces and community centres.
Trained leaders will be competent and confident in taking charge of a group for physical activity sessions. Specifically, the successful leader will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to plan, organise and lead physical activity sessions within their own group setting.
On completion, successful participants will be able to:
• Understand their role as a Physical Activity leader and how they will apply it within their organisation/club/school/community
• Plan and lead a fun physical activity session demonstrating leadership skills such as communication, observation and group management
• Be equipped to lead activity sessions in a wide range of locations including local clubs, community groups, workplaces, community centres and sports’ clubs
• Participants are required to be over 18 years
• The total course will be 10 hours comprising of practical and theoretical units
• What is Active Leadership?
• Leadership skills
• Safety and injury prevention
• Planning and organising
• Signposting – opportunities for further development and training
• Practical Activities – (Warm ups, Energisers, Main Activities, Cool Downs) (All Games based Activities)
The Active Leadership course costs €;30 per participant
(This includes all course material, manuals and workbooks)
How do I register?
Places are limited and filling fast – will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. If you would like to register please contact Martha at 059-9136205 / 087-2145262 or email email@example.com.