Ashbourne RFC invite applicants for head coach of new Women’s team
May 31, 2021 12:18 pm Site Editor
Ashbourne Rugby Club are inviting applications for the role of Head Coach for the launch of the newly formed Women’s Senior Team.
This marks an exciting new era for Ashbourne RFC of a return to women’s rugby at the club, at a time where their youths girls teams are expanding in numbers all the time, and the desire to have a women’s team in the local and surrounding areas is extremely strong.
The men’s sides have had unprecedented success in recent years, and the club would be ambitious for the women’s team to follow suit.
The club is renowned for its state-of-the-art facilities and is one of the best playing/training surfaces in Ireland. Ashbourne Rugby Club is committed to the continued development of women’s and girls rugby. This also includes standalone and self-contained women’s/girls dressing rooms.
- Hold a Stage 3 IRFU Coaching Accreditation or be a Stage 2 Coach working towards their Stage 3 Accreditation.
- Have a good understanding of Ireland’s women’s and girls game and the rugby landscape through previous coaching or playing experience.
- Have experience and a proven track record of achievement in developing players, including late beginners and players from other codes, to reach their potential.
- Management and organisation skills to lead the club’s women’s rugby program while leading assistant coaches, captains, and other volunteers.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage ladies and girls’ players throughout the club.
- Act as the head coach for the women’s club XV
- To coordinate with assistant coach(es) and Manager and plan/deliver appropriately fundamental skills, understanding of the game in challenging training sessions.
- To act as the head coach and prepare players on match days for the women’s club team.
- Support the club in player recruitment, retention, and development, and engage with the youth girls programme.
- Most importantly to create a thriving, enjoyable and competitive environment for the players to learn and play rugby.
- Reporting to the Director of Rugby
Interested coaches should email their applications and CV to Rod Cosgrave, Director of Rugby Ashbourne RFC, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 11 June.