Asst Team Manager for Women’s National Squad…
June 21, 2013 12:00 am client
The Irish Rugby Football Union has established a National Squad of players for the 15s and Sevens programmes…
On an annuals basis there will be a number of 15s and Sevens Development teams formed which require support by an Assistant Manager. The ideal candidate should have extensive rugby experience, and support the Coach in achieving the desired results through effective management of the team.
Under the direction of the National Women’s Programme Coordinator, the individual(s) would undertake the following:
- To look after the wellbeing of the group (from assembling to dispersing) during sessions, matches and tournaments.
- Act as liaison between Management and Players
- Ensure squad operates within the agreed structure
- Guarantee adherence to all IRFU policies and protocols
- To support the Team Coach regarding requirements for all squad activities
- Ensure players adhere to the IRFU Code of Conduct at all times
- Manage daily team operations while in camp
The commitment required would vary depending on the season plan, but it is estimated that it would be (on average) two (2) weekends per month. Travel may be required to European tournaments. As there are under age players in the squad, all candidates must comply with IRFU Child Protection Policy. The IRFU would provide an honorarium and expenses for the role.
Applicants should satisfy the following criteria;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a team manager with either an AIL Team and/or Provincial Team
- Strong Management Skills (Interpersonal, Leadership, Motivational, Patience and Teamwork).
- Presently a Manager with a Women’s Team in the AIL or Interprovincial Series
Candidates who satisfy the above criteria are invited to apply by sending their C.V. and covering letter outlining their suitability for the role.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com by 5pm Friday, 19th July 2013