Become a Leinster Rugby Charity Partner for 2015/16
June 10, 2015 12:00 am client
Last year, for the first time, Leinster Rugby undertook a public tender process to find our two charity partners for the 2014/15 season. From 98 submissions, LauraLynn Children’s Hospice and Special Olympics Leinster were selected and have been brilliant partners of Leinster Rugby over the last season.
With the new season only around the corner, Leinster Rugby is inviting charities to get creative and to tell us why your charity could really benefit from a season long association with Leinster Rugby.
The application process to be nominated is now open, with two charity partnerships available and with the successful charities partnering Leinster Rugby until the end of May 2016.
In order to be considered, your charity must:-
- Be an Irish registered charity (please include registration number on cover letter).
- Have a Leinster focus.
- Be aligned to one or more of: sport, health, youth, education, social inclusion.
- Have a team or an individual, within your operation, in place to handle the partnership.
Applications should be sent by post and should include a one page cover letter, together with a two page A4 proposal, answering the following questions:-
- What is the problem or the issues your charity is aiming to address?
- How will a partnership with Leinster Rugby help to address the problem or these issues?
- What will an association with Leinster Rugby help you achieve that couldn’t be achieved without it?
- Do you have an objective or a fundraising target with Leinster Rugby and if so how will the funds raised be put to best use?
- How will you ensure a sustainable legacy?
- What would a calendar year of activity look like e.g. general overview of initiatives/events planned for your season with Leinster Rugby?
- How will this partnership engage with the Leinster Rugby community?
Please note that selection or otherwise in last season’s charity partnership process will have no bearing on this year’s process however previous charity partners of Leinster Rugby will not be considered for selection.
If selected here are just some of the benefits of being a charitable partner:-
- A launch event to announce the partnership supported by Leinster Rugby players
- Digital and social media support in addition to space in the Leinster Rugby match day programme and the Irish Independent Friday supplement
- Match tickets to all home Leinster Rugby fixtures
- Signed Leinster Rugby merchandise for fundraising initiatives
- A schedule of rights, including the use of the Leinster Rugby logo on digital platforms and promotional material
- A unique association with a Leinster Rugby home Guinness PRO12 game
- A separate fundraising event or initiative to allow your charity to raise awareness
- A match day mascot slot in the Aviva Stadium to be used as the charity sees fit
Over the last season Leinster Rugby players helped support:
- The “Polar Plunge” fundraising campaign in support of Special Olympics
- The “Be A Super Hero” fundraising campaign in support of LauraLynn
In addition, LauraLynn had a considerable presence at our Christmas Guinness PRO12 fixture against Connacht to raise money, while Special Olympics similarly had a presence at our Guinness PRO12 fixture against Glasgow Warriors for similar fundraising efforts.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 30th June 2015 and they should be sent in confidence to:
Marcus Ó Buachalla, Communications Manager, Leinster Rugby, Newstead Building A, UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4.
The CSR Committee within Leinster Rugby, in consultation with players and management, will shortlist a number of charities and they will then be asked to present their ideas to the CSR Committee in July.
Two charities will then be selected and the successful charities will be informed of this decision before the start of the 2015/16 season.
Best of luck!