Blackrock College RFC is seeking to appoint a Head Coach for its AIL 1st XV for the 2019/20 season.
Over the last number of years Blackrock College RFC has developed some of the best facilities and support structures in Irish club rugby and this is an exciting opportunity to stamp your mark on a club with a proud rugby history.
To lead the Elite Rugby (Premier and Under 20’s) agenda within the Club. Working in conjunction with the Director of Rugby and team management create processes, training plans and an environment that will enable players to succeed on and off the field.
- IRFU Stage 4 or equivalent
- To lead the coaching programme for the Premier squad and ensure alignment with the U20’s.
- Work with the recruitment group to identify and evaluate potential new players
- Develop a winning culture with game plans and training strategies focused on getting the optimal results from players on match day.
- Plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions for the Premier squad ensuring that all sessions are designed to develop the skills and understanding of the players.
- Lead AIL match day processes and implement in conjunction with team management.
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players.
- Attend all coaching sessions and matches involved with the Club’s senior squad and U20’s.
- Mentor and advise assistant coaches, U20’s coaches and players.
- Provide feedback to coaches, players and appropriate club committees
- Lead the team culture, working with other team management to ensure the team is organised, disciplined and has a positive team spirit ensuring the team has pride in themselves, their Club and their sponsors.
- Technical Knowledge
- Player Management
- Planning and communication skills
- Commitment and enthusiasm
Please forward CVs to email@example.com
Application deadline: March 19th
Due to the expected high number of applications Blackrock College RFC will only be able to respond to successful applicants.