Blackrock College RFC Women’s Head Coach Vacancy
June 8, 2016 12:00 am client
The Club has had much success since the establishment of the Ladies team more than 20 years. The Ladies have won trophies across All Ireland & Leinster leagues, cups and 7s titles, with appearances at the prestigious Amsterdam 7s competition.
The ladies 1st XV play in All Ireland League Division 1; with the 2nd XV playing in Division 3 of the Leinster League. The 1st XV won the Leinster Senior Cup in 2015/16 and reached the playoff stages of both the AIL Div. 1 and the AIL Cup.
Currently the Club has one player in this year’s Six Nations training squad, three players in the Ireland 7s squad and 11 players the Leinster provincial training squad.
The Club has a vacancy for Head Coach with prime responsibility for the Women’s 1st XV, whilst also having a pervasive role across the whole ladies section in the Club by providing a development and supporting role for all players and coaches alike.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be at a minimum IRFU Level 1 qualified, with Level 2 desirable
- Have strong technical coaching skills and the ability to work one-on-one with players to improve core or position-specific skills
- Have experience and a proven track record of achievement in developing players, including late beginners, to reach their potential
- Have credible rugby knowledge, understanding and expertise gained from playing, coaching or through player management, as well as having an ability to coach and understand the game to a high level – strategically, tactically and technically
- Be able to interface effectively with people at all levels and have the competence to manage & motivate, develop relationships and, if required, manage conflict
- Be able to plan, communicate, research and constantly evaluate current practice in order to achieve excellenceAs a coach of the Club, we can offer you:
- Top class training and playing facilities to work with and modern training equipment (both rugby and rugby-conditioning specific), with further development planned in 2016/17
- Talented, ambitious and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams and their Club
- The opportunity to take the Club to the next level and have a real impact in a World Cup year (2017), with the tournament being hosted in Ireland
We are interested in ambitious coaches, who will achieve with us and who we can work with to further develop their coaching career.
For further information and applications please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by COB, Friday, June 17, 2016.