Blunt force: Will Connors attempts to tackle our music Q&A
July 28, 2020 1:57 pm Conor Sharkey
Will Connors is the latest player to take on our music Q&A, with the Kildare man showing a lot of love for Irish artists, and a soft spot for James Blunt.
You can listen to Leinster Rugby’s Home Workout Mix Spotify playlist here, with tracks selected by players from Leinster Rugby’s Men’s and Women’s teams.
1. What was the last song you listened to?
Kings of Tomorrow – “Fall For You (Sandy Rivera’s Classic Mix) – Moodymann Edit”
2. Tell us a song you’re currently obsessed with.
The Dubliners – “The Rising of the Moon”
3. You’re booking your dream festival line-up: who are the main stage headliners for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
Gerry Cinnamon on the Friday night to set the tone, Beatles on the Saturday and Kings of Leon on the Sunday.
4. Earliest music memory?
My dad was a big U2 man so we would always have a CD playing in the car.
5. Your guilty pleasure?
James Blunt has been with me through thick and thin and I have gone to see him twice (was meant to go again this summer in the Iveagh Gardens).
6. You can only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what is it?
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ Greatest Hits – has a bit of everything.
7. What was the first concert you ever went to?
Mickey Joe Harte in North Kildare.
8. Favourite Irish band/artist?
Christy Moore would have to be my favourite and I would be listening to him the whole time. The fact he’s also a Kildare man makes it all the better.
9. What two songs do you want to add to the Leinster Rugby Workout Mix on Spotify?
Christy Moore – “Viva la Quinte Brigada”
Luke Kelly – “Paddy On The Railway”
10. And what one song do you want to remove?
Ciara – “Level Up”
Leinster Rugby is on Spotify! Follow our Home Workout Mix playlist.