CBS Wexford, The High School and Catholic University School have all booked their place in the last four of the 2020 Bank of Ireland Fr Godfrey Cup.

All three were in action this afternoon while the final Second Round game takes place on Wednesday when Ardscoil na Trionoide take on St Patrick’s Classical School.

In the first quarter-final, CBS Wexford and Wilson’s Hospital School met at Energia Park.

In what proved to be a thrilling game, the Wexford school came out on top thanks to No 8 Grant Palmer’s late try.

Trailing by four with just minutes left on the clock, CBS Wexford maintained a high intensity in offensive positions which allowed Palmer to get the winning points, his effort converted by Páidí Doyle.

Stephen Cahill’s early try had seen them fall behind and Wilson’s captain Matthew Conlon was proving to be a nuisance at the breakdown.

A quickfire blitz of points from the South East school saw them quickly turn that seven-point deficit into a 15-7 lead.

They had tries from Kaylem Codd and Andrew Moran accompanied by a Doyle penalty in just under five minutes.

Wilson’s Hospital weren’t going to go away easily though and by the time the whistle sounded for the break, Wexford’s lead was only a single point, 20-19.

Manuel Collado, scoring his second try of the afternoon, put Wilson’s back in front in the final 10 minutes after a dogged second half.

It looked as though that effort would be enough until Palmer’s late winner.

Lakelands played host to The High School’s win over Temple Carrig. The Rathgar outfit trailed by two at half-time but eventually ran out 17-12 winners.

An unconverted first half try from Jack Barlow had High School within touching distance of the Greystones school and they kicked on after the restart.

Zak Hopkins and David Odekunle both touched down while Alex Stuart kicked a single conversion, while they managed to hold Temple Carrig to just five additional points from Max Sproul.

Last but not least of today’s three games, Energia Park also hosted CBS Naas and CUS.

The Leeson Street ‘Red Army’ were in full voice for this one and drove their team on to a 16-10 victory.

Their strong first half showing, at the end of which they held a 13-0 lead, was influential in deciding the outcome.

Tries from scrum half Charlie O’Byrne and Rian Treacy as well as a Sean Byrne penalty kept the scoreboard ticking over during their half of dominance.

CBS Naas hit back in the 35th minute when replacement Jamie Carroll showed a clean pair of heels to the CUS rearguard and dotted down.

Charlie Murphy converted that effort and added another three from the boot but not before Byrne had done the same for CUS.

They managed to hold firm in the closing stages despite some nimble footwork from CBS Naas threatening to unlock their defence once more.