Charity Partner Process Now Open for 2018/19
June 7, 2018 11:42 am Marcus Ó Buachalla
Leinster Rugby have this morning confirmed that the process to select new charity partners for the next two seasons has begun.
For the last two seasons Leinster Rugby have had AWARE and Debra Ireland as charity partners and the tender process to select the next two charities is now open to charities with a Leinster focus.
Leinster Rugby are also delighted to confirm that following feedback from the stakeholders involved, the term will again be for two seasons starting in time for the 2018/19 kick off.
In order to be considered, your charity must:
- Be an Irish registered charity (please include registration number on cover letter)
- Have a Leinster focus
- Be aligned to one or more of the following areas/causes: sport, health, youth, education, social inclusion
- Have a team or an individual, within your operation, in place to handle the partnership
- Understand Leinster Rugby, our teams and our supporters and the dynamics and the challenges of a sporting calendar
Charities will not be considered if:
- They are not a registered charity in Ireland
- They do not operate or deliver some or all of their services in the 12 counties of Leinster
- A potential partnership with Leinster Rugby over the next two seasons would overlap with a current or future partnership with another sporting organisation
- They have already had a charity partnership with Leinster Rugby in the last five years
Applications should be sent by email as a Word document and should include a one page cover letter, together with a two page A4 proposal (applications longer than this or containing additional documentation will not be considered), answering the following questions:
- Name of organisation
- Brief description of the charity (approx. 100 words)
- Number of employees / volunteers
- CHY number
- What is your annual turnover?
- Provide a breakdown of where your funding typically comes from
- What is your one key event in the next 12 months and what does Leinster Rugby support look like for that event?
- If you could have one Leinster Rugby ambassador (player) for your charity, who would that be and why?
- How will you measure the impact of the charity partnership?
- How will you ensure a sustainable legacy from the partnership?
If selected here are just some of the benefits of being an exclusive charitable partner to Leinster Rugby:
- A launch event to announce the partnership supported by Leinster Rugby players and coaches
- 10 tickets (per charity) to the first away trip of the season in the Guinness PRO14 (excluding South Africa) courtesy of Joe Walsh Tours to include, flights, transfers, accommodation and match tickets
- Digital and social media support including Leinster TV
- Editorial space in the Leinster Rugby match day programme and the Irish Independent Friday supplement
- Match tickets to all home Leinster Rugby fixtures
- Signed Leinster Rugby merchandise for fundraising initiatives
- A schedule of rights, including the use of the Leinster Rugby logo on digital platforms and promotional material
- A match day take-over of one home Guinness PRO12 game in the RDS Arena
- One separate fundraising event or initiative per season to allow your charity to raise awareness for that event
- A match day mascot slot in the RDS Arena to be used as the charity sees fit
The closing date for applications is 5pm, Wednesday, 20th June 2018 and they should be sent in confidence to:
The CSR Committee within Leinster Rugby, in consultation with players and management, will shortlist a number of charities and they will then be asked to present, following further instruction and a detailed brief, to the CSR Committee in late June or early July.
Two charities will then be selected and the successful charities will be informed of this decision before the start of the 2018/19 season.
Best of luck!