Cill Dara RFC invite applications for CCRO role
May 3, 2023 7:00 pm Lisa Doyle
Cill Dara RFC are inviting applications for the role of Club Community Rugby Officer (CCRO) for season 2023/24 and beyond.
Cill Dara RFC is a well-established club in the North Midlands region of Leinster Rugby, located on the outskirts of Kildare town. The club has teams from U7 to U12 in minis and a range of youth’s team’s boys and girls up to U18, as well as senior men’s and women’s sides.
This post is part-funded by Leinster Rugby and is a part-time position of 30 hours per week commencing 1st September 2023 running continuously for 34 weeks. Under the guidance of an officer of Leinster Rugby, the CCRO will report to the Director of Rugby at Cill Dara RFC and a Leinster Rugby CRO.
– To develop rugby programmes and foster a rugby playing culture in primary and secondary schools in the catchment area of Cill Dara RFC.
– To work in partnership with these primary and secondary schools to develop all aspects of the game, whilst promoting rugby in a positive, safe and healthy manner.
– To develop a relationship between the schools and Cill Dara RFC and help raise awareness of Cill Dara RFC with local children and the wider community.
– To actively encourage the participation of secondary schools in the area in Schools Development Cups at junior and senior school level.
– Engage in the regular development of players and coaches within Cill Dara RFC
The following skills and qualifications are among the criteria that will be taken into consideration:
• Knowledge of and/or demonstrate willingness to learn the local rugby structure
• Ability to work well with people and have good communication skills
• Ability to facilitate, lead and motivate groups
• Good level of organisational and leadership skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Rugby coaching qualifications
• Experience of working with young people in a community environment
• Full clean driving license and access to own transport
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
To apply send in your CV with a cover letter before 5pm on Friday, 30 June 2023 to Enda Finn at email@example.com