Cill Dara RFC seek head coach/player coach
May 23, 2022 10:50 am Site Editor
Cill Dara RFC is a progressive club based just outside Kildare town on the edge of the Curragh.
The club fields two adult men’s sides, an U-20 team, a women’s team, eight youth teams and close to 300 mini players. The senior men’s team will play in Division 1B next season.
Cill Dara RFC has been extremely successful over the last 20 seasons, winning league titles at J1, J2 levels including the Leinster League Division, and numerous Hosie, Lalor and Spiers Cups. This is an ambitious group who will be aiming for promotion next season.
The team will have strong support structures, including a dedicated team manager, S&C coach and one other coach. They are also supported by a Director of Rugby and an experienced medical staff.
While all applications will be considered on merit, we are particularly keen on a coach with a strong forwards background, either as a coach or as a player.
This position may suit players who are currently playing at a high standard (AIL or otherwise) and would like to continue playing and contributing on-field with the Cill Dara senior side, whilst simultaneously beginning to develop their coaching career.
As a coach of the club, we can offer you:
- A focus on your coaching development and coaching goals, including regular development meetings, feedback on progression, attendance at IRFU/Leinster Branch coaching courses, and every assistance to allow you to reach your coaching potential
- Top class training and playing facilities to work with, an established Player Welfare Program (including club medic, club physiotherapist and Strength and Conditioning Coach), and modern training equipment (both rugby and rugby-conditioning specific)
- Talented, ambitious, and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams, and their club
- A strong club culture, with excellent off-field structures to ensure your coaching success
- Opportunities to engage in the local community and provide networking opportunities that may assist in work and/or business opportunities
- A coaching pathway, giving further coaching opportunities as the club expands and your career develops
Please send applications to James Murphy, Director of Rugby at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.