Gorey RFC are inviting applications for the role of Club Community Rugby Officer (CCRO) for the upcoming season.
Gorey RFC is a well-established club in the south-east. The club has teams from U7 to U12 in minis and a range of girls and boys youths teams up to U18, as well as senior men’s and women’s sides.
This post is a part-time position of 30 hours per week commencing 1 September 2019. Under the guidance of an officer of Leinster Rugby, the CCRO will report to the Director of Rugby at Gorey RFC and a Leinster Rugby CRO.
- To develop rugby programmes and foster a rugby playing culture in schools in the catchment area of Gorey RFC.
- To work in partnership with these primary and secondary schools to develop all aspects of the game, whilst promoting rugby in a positive, safe and healthy manner.
- To develop a relationship between the schools and Gorey RFC and help raise awareness of Gorey RFC with local children.
- To actively encourage the participation of secondary schools in the area in Schools Development Cups at Junior and Senior School level.
The following skills and qualifications are among the criteria that will be taken into consideration:
- Knowledge of local rugby structure.
- Ability to work well with people and have good communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate, lead and motivate groups.
- Good level of organisational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Rugby coaching qualifications.
- Experience of working with young people in a community environment.
- Full clean driving license and access to own transport.
To apply, send in your CV with a cover letter before 5pm on 28 June to email@example.com.