Railway Union RFC, based in Sandymount, Dublin 4, have a number of coaching vacancies on its Men’s sides for the 2019/20 season.
The club fields five adult sides – three Men’s teams and two Women’s teams. The Men’s First and Second XV play in the Leinster League, whilst the Men’s Third XV play in the Metro League.
- Men’s 1st XV Assistant Coach or Player/Coach (forwards specialist)
- Men’s 2nd XV Coach
The preferred candidates will have a minimum IRFU Stage 3 qualification (or willingness to attend course).
As a coach of the club, we can offer you:
- A focus on your coaching development and coaching goals, including regular development meetings, feedback on progression, attendance at IRFU/Leinster coaching courses, and every assistance to allow you to reach your coaching potential
- Top class training and playing facilities to work with, an unrivalled Player Welfare Programme (including club medic, club physiotherapist and Strength & Conditioning Coach), and modern training equipment (both rugby and rugby-conditioning specific)
- Ambitious and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams and their club
- A strong club culture, with excellent off-field structures to ensure your coaching success
- A vibrant and regular social programme, including pre-season tour, in-season events and end of season tour
- A coaching pathway, giving further coaching opportunities as your career develops
As well as experienced coaches, these positions may suit players who are currently playing at a high standard (AIL or otherwise) and would like to continue playing, whilst simultaneously beginning to develop their coaching career.
We are interested in ambitious coaches, who will achieve with us and who we can work with to further develop their coaching career. Experience is important – but attitude, energy and commitment are as important to us.
In addition, we have a number of team manager vacancies. Leadership, communication and organisational skills are important here, not necessarily detailed rugby experience, and it is an excellent opportunity to get involved in a rugby club, widen your social circle and contribute to your community.
Please send applications to Hon. Secretary Alan Horgan at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.