Communications Seminar a great success
September 24, 2015 12:00 am client
On Tuesday evening, Leinster Rugby ran it’s first of three seminars for Club delegates hosted by Elma Beirne., Domestic Marketing Executive for the Leinster Branch.
Clubs from around the province showed up in force to learn from experts such as Kieran McSweeney, Account Manager PSG Sponsorship. Laura Coates, News Editor from the Leinster Leader discussed how to approach local media and the dos and don’ts for News Editors.
Matt Browne from Sportsfile discussed imagery and gave some tips when using a smartphone. Barry Lambkin, PRO from Portarlington discussed the PRO structure within a rugby Club and showed participants how to link in with Leinster Rugby on PR.
Leinster Rugby will be running two more seminars based solely on Social Media and Marketing, one kicking off next week. The seminars are free of charge and are open to anyone in a Club or school volunteering in marketing, communications or social media.
- 1st October (Thursday) Social Media Seminar
- 13th October (Tuesday) Marketing Seminar
All seminars will begin at 7pm in The Player’s Lounge in the RDS and will last approximately 1 hour 40 minutes.
The aim of the seminars
- Social Media Strategy
- Managing Content and implementation across different channels
- Social media policy and IRFU guidelines
- Twitter: live match tweeting, interaction , campaign messaging
- Facebook: content, video, insights, sponsored posts
- Marketing Strategy for a rugby club
- Analysing where your club is at now
- Seeking sponsorship-where to start-evaluating club assets etc.
- Sponsorship proposals- how and who should be involved
- Delivering the sponsors rights-local sponsor activation
- Fundraising: Preparing to fundraise-creating a case to support, analyse and plan
The seminar will be hosted by Elma Beirne, Domestic Marketing and a number of impressive guest speakers including Stephen McNamara, Director of Communications in IRFU, Gavin Coffey, Head of Client Services, New Slang and many more.
We would encourage anybody in a club involved in marketing, communications, social media and sponsorship to attend this one off free seminar.
To book your place now, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by stating your name, club and position within your club/ school.
Check out some of the best tweets from the Communications Seminar below:
— Leinster Domestic (@LeinsterBranch) September 22, 2015
— Barry Lambkin (@blambkin) September 22, 2015
Did anyone bring a selfie stick this time?? #LeinsterSeminar
— Guinness Rugby Club (@GuinnessRFC) September 22, 2015
— colin mckeown (@colinsup81) September 22, 2015
Matt Browne, Save Irish Mammy from calling in! "That's not my Jimmy scoring that try" Accurate Team Sheets with full names! @LeinsterBranch
— DLSP Ladies Rugby (@DLSPLadiesRugby) September 22, 2015
Our Communications Committee are soaking up the sage advice at the #LeinsterSeminar tonight! Great tips and speakers as always.
— Terenure College RFC (@terenurerugby) September 22, 2015
— Carlow Rugby (@carlowrugby) September 22, 2015