Community Rugby Officer Vacancy…
August 16, 2011 12:00 am Richard Blake
Leinster Rugby would like to invite applications for the position of Community Rugby Officer based in the West and South Offaly region of Leinster…
The aim of this position is to build on the excellent rugby opportunities in this region and to help create better pathways from school and community to club so that more people access the game thus strengthening the base of the game.
Community Rugby Officer:
• To develop rugby programmes and foster a self-sustaining rugby playing culture within the Clubs, Schools and Community groups in West and South Offaly.
• To develop positive working relationships with stakeholders, teachers, coaches, club members and community volunteers in West and South Offaly and help raise the awareness of the community regarding their local clubs.
• Assist in developing coaches, players and volunteers via courses, workshops and player clinics, specifically within the region, in conjunction with the regional CDO and CRO.
• Work in partnership with designated schools, to develop all aspects of the game, whilst promoting rugby in a positive, safe and healthy manner.
• Adhere to Leinster Rugby / IRFU Child Protection Policy which requires adherence to Garda Vetting Process.
• To promote, deliver and manage development programmes in West and South Offaly and to deliver agreed targets.
The successful applicant shall be required to have the following skills and qualifications:
• Have the Mini Rugby / Foundation Level Coaching Qualification
• A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
• Be aware of the IRFU Long Term Development Pathway
• Ability to work on their own initiative
• Experience of working with young people within a community environment
• Experience of dealing with the public
• Experience of writing activity proposals and progress reports
• Experience in working with age grade player
• Ability to work well with people and have excellent communication skills
• Ability to facilitate and lead groups
• High level of organisational skills
• Ability to motivate volunteers
• Have access to own transport
To Apply send in your CV to:
55 Main Street,
All CVs should be submitted no later than 5pm on Monday, 22nd August