CUS inviting applicants for the role of Senior head coach
April 30, 2021 1:55 pm Site Editor
Catholic University School (CUS) is inviting applicants for the role of Senior Head Coach for the 2021/22 season. The school is seeking to appoint a dynamic head coach who can inspire and motivate students.
Catholic University School is an all-boys school operated under the trusteeship of the Marist Education Authority. CUS fields 14 teams at all age levels with both the SCT and JCT competing in Division 1A of the Schools League.
The successful candidate will be joining a committed team of coaches who work with passion and enthusiasm to provide their full support to the students.
Applicants should have a proven and experienced record in coaching allied with a technical knowledge and ability to enable our students to reach their full potential.
- Experience in coaching and working with young people
- Applicants must have the IRFU Senior Coaching Course (Level 3) accreditation.
- Applicants must complete the CUS child protection process.
- Available for training or matches: Wednesday afternoon; Saturday morning and one other afternoon 4-5.30pm weekly
- Available for pre-season training
- Manage the Senior Squad (First and Second XVs)
- Ensure that the culture and behaviour of the squad reflects the ethos of CUS
- Develop and encourage a positive culture amongst the squad.
- Communicate regularly with the players through Microsoft Teams
- Manage the coaches assigned to the squad and work closely with the S&C coaches and the Head of Sport
- Work with the Head of Sport to promote the development of rugby in CUS
- Communication and organizational skills
- Technical knowledge
- Short and long-term planning
- Player management
Applications including a cover letter and CV to be sent to via email to the Head of Sport, Mr. Stephen Tonge, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Wednesday, 12 May. CUS is an equal opportunities employer and short-listing may apply.