Elite Player Development Manager – Munster…
July 5, 2011 12:00 am Richard Blake
The Irish Rugby Football Union (“IRFU”) is the governing body for the sport of rugby union in Ireland and comprises four provincial branches as well as the national governing body…
The IRFU is currently seeking applications for the position of Elite Player Development Manager for Munster Rugby with the responsibility to oversee the strategies and long-term objectives of the elite player development pathway in Munster. The Elite Player Development Manager is a full time employee of the IRFU.
Reporting operationally to the CEO Munster Rugby and the Chair of the Munster Rugby Academy Board (or equivalent), and functionally to the IRFU Director of Rugby via the High Performance Manager, the successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of 3 years experience and a proven track record of achievement in developing players for the elite representative game of rugby union
• An IRFU / IRB or related union coaching accreditation.
• A complete and thorough understanding of rugby union and the long term player development (LTPD) pathway.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with people at all levels and the competence to manage and motivate, develop relationships, and if required manage conflict.
• Excellent leadership and management skills including the ability to plan, communicate, research and constantly evaluate current practice in order to achieve excellence and realise the vision.
Responsibilities associated with the role of Elite Player Development Manager will include:
• Oversee the strategies and long-term objectives of the elite pathway aligned to IRFU LTPD and Technical models, to include the Academy Programme, the Sub-Academy Programme, the National Talent Programme and the Regional Development Squad Programme.
• Ensure delivery of agreed service level provision for all aspects of the elite pathway with the IRFU Performance Committee and Provincial Performance Board.
• Manage the development and progression of players for the professional game in Ireland to Pro12, European, International and World Class standards.
• Manage an integrated service team to ensure best service provision for all players within elite pathway.
To apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience email@example.com or alternatively to: Human Resources Department, Irish Rugby Football Union, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 22nd July at 5pm.
Candidates must be available to interview between 8th August to 12th August 2011.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.