Elite Rugby Development Officer Vacancy
April 29, 2015 12:00 am client
The IRFU would like to invite applications for the position of Elite Player Development Officer (EPDO) Backs Specialist at Leinster Rugby.
With responsibility for the delivery of the National Talent Programme in Leinster, the EPDO plays a key role in ensuring vibrant development programmes exist through which elite players are identified for Leinster and Ireland.
Reporting to the Academy Manager, Leinster Rugby, the successful candidate will be required to fulfil the following main duties:
- Manage and deliver the elite player development programmes in the province as directed by the Academy Manager and IRFU High Performance Manager;
- Deliver technical sessions to elite squads/players in the province;
- Supervise and manage the Regional Development Squads.
The successful candidate will have:
- Detailed understanding of the game of rugby in particular Back play with essential knowledge of the individual positional characteristis for each position;
- Excellent ability to deliver collective/reduced coaching sessions to stage 3, 4 and 5 players;
- Experienced proven record in developing players through the stages;
- Excellent communication, organisational and teamwork skills;
- An understanding of the IRFU Long Term Player Development Model;
- Computer literacy;
- 5 years’ experience coaching or playing at an elite level and a Level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent are highly desirable.
For a full job description, please click here.
To apply please forward your CV with a cover letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience to Eoin Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively to Eoin Ward, Human Resources Department, Irish Rugby Football Union, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for receipt of applications is strictly 13:00 on Monday, 11th May 2015.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer