Emerald Warriors Seek Head Coach for the 2019/20 Season
August 20, 2019 10:37 am Site Editor
Emerald Warriors RFC are seeking a new head coach for the 2019/20 season.
The club was formed in August 2003 to provide an open, inclusive & safe environment to watch, play & enjoy rugby. Currently a club with around 160 members, close to 90 players, growing year-on-year with a hugely enthusiastic and motivated membership.
The club competes in the Leinster Metro League Divisions 11 and 9, finishing in the final of Division 9 last season. At an international level, they have competed in the Bingham Cup and The Union Cup, ranking in the top ten of IGR rugby clubs.
The club train and play home games at St Mary’s College RFC in Templeogue.
The Emerald Warriors’ vision is to be the leading inclusive rugby club, not only in Ireland, but in the world, leading by example and achieving success as players, coaches and supporters through their pathway development and training.
Emerald Warriors RFC are looking to recruit experienced, ambitious & results orientated coaches who will develop and implement a detailed strategy and game plan to deliver results.
They will be responsible for creating a positive environment with a winning inclusive culture with a desire to encourage performance at the highest level.
Qualifications required: IRFU Stage 3 (minimum), IRFU Stage 4 (desirable).
- Responsible for Senior & Development Squad recruitment of players into the 1st and 2nd Squad.
- Deliver highly skilled, motivated pitch sessions with clear game plan and training strategies to maximise player output on match day.
- Mentor and advise assistance coaches creating an environment that allows all teams develop their own identity & culture that is in keeping with Emerald Warriors values & ambitions.
- Create good relationships with all club coaching staff, medical personnel and S&C teams.
- Conduct regular reviews with coaching teams and Director of Rugby against KPI’s.
- Reporting to Director of Rugby
Key Qualities and Strengths:
- Communication skills
- Proven track record as a coach
- Player management
- Long-term planning
- Technical knowledge
- Commitment and enthusiasm
Start date: September 2019. For more information or to apply for this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org