Enniscorthy RFC seek head coach for men’s AIL side
May 26, 2022 2:20 pm Site Editor
Enniscorthy Rugby Football Club is seeking to appoint a new head coach for its Energia All-Ireland League First XV for the 2022/23 season.
Over the last number of years Enniscorthy RFC has been extremely successful developing one of the best home grown squads and facilities in Leinster and Irish rugby.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious coach to stamp their mark on a senior AIL club competing in AIL Division 2B of the Energia All-Ireland League.
The appointed coach will lead the Senior rugby program within the club, working in conjunction with the Director of Rugby and team management to create innovative processes and training plans.
Enniscorthy RFC is an ambitious club that strive to create a positive culture and environment that will enable players to succeed, grow and be challenged both on and off the field.
- IRFU (Stage 4) Performance Coach Award or equivalent
Key Responsibilities and abilities
- To lead the coaching programme for the Senior squad and ensure alignment and integration with the underage players and coaches
- Have a strong technical and tactical knowledge of all aspects of the game
- Have a keen interest in mental health and well-being of players and be in tune with modern lifestyles
- Work and develop a recruitment group to identify and evaluate potential new players
- Develop a winning culture with game plans and training strategies focused on getting the optimal results from players on match day
- Plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions for the Senior squad ensuring that all sessions are designed to develop the skills and understanding of the players
- Lead and implement AIL match day processes in conjunction with team management
- Evaluate, analyse and reflect on all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players
- Attend all coaching sessions and matches involved with the club’s Senior squad and where possible be visible at underage games
- Mentor and advise coaches and players within the club and deliver workshops when required
- Provide feedback to coaches, players and appropriate club committees members
- Lead the team culture, working with other team management to ensure the team is organised, disciplined and has a positive team spirit ensuring the team has pride in themselves, their club and their sponsors
- Leadership and self-awareness
- Technical and tactical knowledge
- Player management
- Planning and communication skills
- Commitment, patience and enthusiasm
- Athletic Development experience
- Performance Analysis software experience
Please email your CV to the Director of Rugby by 5pm on Friday, 10 June.