Four coaching vacancies at Railway Union
July 22, 2014 12:00 am client
Railway Union RFC is seeking coaching staff for their Men’s 1st team, Men’s 2nd team, Women’s 2nd team and Men’s U20s team.
Railway Union RFC is a progressive club based in Sandymount, Dublin 4. The club fields four Adult Men’s sides – with the firsts team playing in Leinster League, 2nds and 3rds in the Metro League, and U20s in the JP Flanagan – as well as two adult women’s sides at AIL Division 1 and Leinster League Level. The club has a strong underage structure through to all adult sides.
Railway has been extremely successful over the last two seasons, winning fourteen trophies including AIL, Leinster League, Metro League, and various Leinster cups with every adult team in the club winning at least one trophy.
The club has a number of coaching vacancies for the 2014/15 season to assist in the implementation of our plans and share in our success:
- Men’s 1st Team Coach (backs specialist): The Men’s 1st team play in Leinster League Division 2A of the Leinster League. Their games are on Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons. This is an ambitious, young side who will be aiming for promotion this season.
- Men’s 2nd Team Coach (backs specialist): The Men’s 2nds play in the Metro League on Friday nights. They have transferred from the Leinster League, having won their Leinster League division in 2012/13.
- Women’s 2nds Coach (forwards specialist): The Women’s 2nds play in the Leinster League, having won the Leinster Development Cup in 2012/13 and the Paul Cusack Shield last season.
- Men’s U20s Coach (Forwards or Backs specialist): The Men’s U20s play in the JP Flanagan League and play mostly on Sunday lunchtime. Many of this side are underage from last season and have won leagues and cups with our senior sides.
All teams have strong support structures around them, including a dedicated team manager and one other coach. They are also supported by a Director of Rugby and a dedicated Player Welfare team.
As well as experienced coaches, some of these positions may suit players who are currently playing at a high standard (AIL or otherwise) and would like to continue playing and contributinhing on-the-field with the Railway senior side, whilst simultaneously beginning to develop their coaching career.
We are also interested in existing schools coaches who wish to develop their coaching at U20s or Adult level, in conjunction with their school’s coaching role.
We are interested in ambitious coaches, who will achieve with us and who we can work with to further develop their coaching career. Experience and qualifications are important – but attitude, energy, commitment, potential and ‘fit’ is as important to us.
As a coach of the club, we can offer you:
- A focus on your coaching development and coaching goals, including regular development meetings, feedback on progression, attendance at IRFU/Leinster Branch coaching courses, and every assistance to allow you to reach your coaching potential.
- Top class training and playing facilities to work with, an established Player Welfare Programme (including club medic, club physiotherapist and Strength and Conditioning Coach), and modern training equipment (both rugby and rugby-conditioning specific).
- Talented, ambitious and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams and their club.
- Evening matches, under our match standard floodlights.
- A strong club culture, with excellent off-field structures to ensure your coaching success.
- A vibrant and regular social programme, including pre-season tour, trips to the Kinsale 7s and an end of season overseas tour.
- Opportunities to engage in the local community and provide networking opportunities that may assist in work and/or business opportunities.
- A coaching pathway, giving further coaching opportunities as the club expands and your career develops. Please send applications to Hon. Secretary Alan Horgan at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
For further details on the club, please see www.railwayunionrfc.com