Enniscorthy took a major step towards capturing the Leinster League Division 1A title on Saturday when they won 33-9 at Clondalkin’s Gordon Park fortress and in the process set up a mouth-watering top of the table clash against second placed Gorey tomorrow night at their Ross Road home.

A penalty try helped the county Wexford club into a 10-3 half time lead against a very determined west Dublin outfit and the game was very much in the balance until the final ten minutes when full back Ross Barbour and prop forward Angelo Todisco scored tries that cemented last season’s runners up their position at the summit.
Gorey welcomed Suttonians to Clonattin and after a tight opening period the home side cut loose after the break to record an impressive 50-22 victory.
First half tries from centre Andrew Holland, winger Shane O’Leary and No 8 Jordan Ahern helped the hosts into a 22-15 interval lead and the rout was complete when flanker Willie Earle, full back Gareth Bater, O’Leary again and skipper, lock forward JP Redmond added the second half touchdowns.
Whilst Gorey are flying and have their big county Wexford derby to look forward to their vanquished opponents prop up the Division 1A table and tomorrow afternoon Suttonians will be looking for their first win of the season when they welcome third placed De La Salle Palmerston to the JJ McDowell Memorial Grounds.
A game that would have been an Ulster Bank League fixture a couple of years ago is important to both club for different reasons; the home side badly need to gain some traction if they are to avoid relegation while the visitors want the win to maintain their dream of a speedy return to the national arena.
Last Saturday De La Salle Palmerston won their Dublin derby against Monkstown when they beat their D4 guests 31-17 at home in Kirwan Park.
Full back Andrew Norton bagged a pair of first half tries for the Kilternan club as they opened up a 12-0 advantage at the break, and then the second row pairing of Ronan Costelloe and Keith Taite each barged over in the second half for five-pointers before Norton completed his hat trick late on.
Monkstown return home to Sydney Parade tomorrow where they will welcome Ashbourne, winners for the second time in succession after a dramatic late come-from-behind 34-21 victory at home in Milltown House against Kilkenny.
Dramatic because with eight minutes remaining the county Meath side trailed 21-13 but three rapid fires tries from winger Andrew Tormey, flanker Mark Rooney and No 8 Simon Deevy saw them over the line with a bonus point win after Deevy had earlier scored their opening try.
Tomorrow Kilkenny will look to bounce back and move away from the relegation area when they are at home in Foulkstown against fifth placed Clondalkin, who themselves will be intent on climbing up the table.