Gonzaga College seek Head Coaches for First and Second Year teams
April 26, 2023 1:00 pm Lisa Doyle
Gonzaga College SJ is seeking to appoint a First Year and Second Year Head Coaches for the 2023/24 season.
The school is inviting applications from suitably-qualified persons with relevant coaching experience to join a highly motivated and thriving rugby department to help drive rugby forward at the school.
The positions will take effect from August 2023.
- IRFU coaching qualifications
- All coaches must complete a new Garda Vetting process.
Key Responsibilities and abilities
- Have a strong technical and tactical knowledge of all aspects of the game
- Be capable of leading large numbers of players
- To have experience of working in a rugby school or club environment
- To be adaptable and able to work collaboratively with other coaches, teachers and the Director.
- Develop a winning culture with game plans and training strategies focused on getting the optimal results from players on match days
- Plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions for 1st Years or 2nd Years
- Evaluate, analyse and reflect on all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players.
- Attend all coaching sessions and matches involved with the relevant school teams
- Mentor and advise coaches and players within the club and deliver workshops when required.
- Lead the team culture, working with other team management to ensure the team is organised, disciplined and has a positive team spirit ensuring the team has pride in themselves, the school and their sponsors.
- Be available for 3 weekdays and Saturday mornings, 1st Years – Mon/Wed/Thur, 2nd Years – Tue/Wed/Thur
- Accident report forms to be completed to ensure tracing of injuries to players throughout the season. Liaise with teacher manager.
- Leadership and self-awareness
- Technical and tactical knowledge
- Player management
- Planning and communication skills
- Commitment, patience and enthusiasm
- Athletic development experience
- Performance analysis software experience
Applications, including a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to Director of Rugby firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12pm on Wednesday, 28 June.
The school is an equal opportunities employer.