Gonzaga College seek strength and conditioning coach
June 21, 2022 1:00 pm Site Editor
Gonzaga College are seeking a strength and conditioning coach to run and implement the S&C programme within the school.
The position will require 14-16 working hours each week and any successful candidate will be subject to Garda vetting.
- Running and implementation of the S&C programme in Gonzaga College SJ, including:
- Attend all gym-based sessions with pitch-based session as required by Senior Head Coach.
- Participate fully in the delivery of the S&C programme. A strong emphasis is placed on cueing technique and educating players on the proper performance of various movement patterns. This applies, not only to traditional strength and power exercises, but also running technique, speed and agility/change of direction, plyometrics, and so on
- Record keeping and report writing as necessary
- Attend all Senior/Junior gym sessions
- Implement a standardised warm up for Senior and Junior players, to be used both for field sessions and match days.
- In conjunction with the Director of Rugby, develop and deliver an appropriate conditioning programme for Senior and Junior rugby players, to be delivered as part of field sessions.
- Match Days:
- Liaise with the rugby coaches before, during and after the match
- Standardised warm up for matches with a view for players to lead
Key skills and aptitudes
- Very strong communication skills
- Exhibit a high level of confidence, self-belief and personal effectiveness
- Ability to effectively teach, coach and train individuals in a wide range of exercises/movement patterns, including an ability to identify, analyse and correct movement pattern deficiencies
- Punctuality – must arrive on time, particularly where equipment needs to be set up for sessions
- Liaise with coaches to specify any additional conditioning requirements for players
- Delivery of the S&C and rugby programmes
- Attend scheduled gym sessions with targets/monitored work load of players
- Where required, keep records from each session attended
- Liaise with players following rehabilitation/return to play protocols
Applicants are asked to email their CV and covering letter to George Naoupu, Director of Rugby, by Wednesday, 13 July.