Gorey RFC seek Club Community Rugby Officer for coming season
September 1, 2020 11:03 am client
Gorey RFC are inviting applications for the role of Club Community Rugby Officer (CCRO) for the upcoming season.
Gorey RFC is a well-established club in the south-east. The club has boys and girls teams from Under-7 to Under-12 in Minis and a range of Youth’s teams up to Under-18, as well as men’s and women’s sides.
This post is part-funded by Leinster Rugby and is a part-time position of 30 hours per week commencing as soon as possible.
The CCRO will report to the Director of Rugby at Gorey RFC and a Leinster Rugby CRO.
- To develop rugby programmes and foster a rugby-playing culture in schools in the catchment area of Gorey RFC
- To work in partnership with these primary and secondary schools to develop all aspects of the game, whilst promoting rugby in a positive, safe and healthy manner
- To develop a relationship between the schools and Gorey RFC and help raise awareness of Gorey RFC with local children
- To actively encourage the participation of secondary schools in the area in Schools Development Cups at Junior and Senior School level
The following skills and qualifications are among the criteria that will be taken into consideration:
- Knowledge of local rugby structure
- Ability to work well with people and have good communication skills
- Ability to facilitate, lead and motivate groups
- Good level of organisational and leadership skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Rugby coaching qualifications
- Experience of working with young people in a community environment
- Full clean driving license and access to own transport
To apply, send your CV with a cover letter before 5pm on September 11 to email@example.com