Ireland name unchanged starting XV for Women’s Six Nations clash
April 15, 2021 2:15 pm Site Editor
Ireland head coach Adam Griggs has named an unchanged starting XV for Saturday’s Women’s Six Nations game against France at Energia Park (KO 2.15pm).
Amee-Leigh Murphy Crowe is in line for her debut cap having been named on the bench, while Blackrock College RFC hooker Emma Hooban also comes into the match day 23 in the second change to the replacements from last weekend’s victory over Wales in Cardiff.
Otherwise, Griggs has rewarded the starting XV who performed so impressively in Cardiff by maintaining consistency in selection, as Ireland return to Energia Park for their first home game of the 2021 Championship.
Ciara Griffin once again captains the side from the back row, where she is joined by Dorothy Wall and Claire Molloy. Ireland’s set-piece provided a strong platform for Griggs’ side against Wales and the front row of Lindsay Peat, Cliodhna Moloney and Linda Djougang remains unchanged. Aoife McDermott and Nichola Fryday complete the pack.
Ulster scrum-half Kathryn Dane continues her half-back partnership Hannah Tyrrell, who was named Player of the Match in Cardiff, while Sene Naoupu and Eve Higgins are retained in the Ireland midfield.
The back three of Beibhinn Parsons, Lauren Delany and Eimear Considine provide Ireland with a dangerous attacking threat from the backfield, as evidenced against Wales. Parsons was named Player of the Round for her try-scoring exploits, with the 19-year-old’s first score against the Welsh voted Try of the Round.
Murphy Crowe comes onto the bench to provide exciting backline cover, with hooker Hooban also set for her first involvement of the 2021 Championship.
The duo will provide reinforcements for Griggs alongside Katie O’Dwyer, Laura Feely, Brittany Hogan, Hannah O’Connor, Emily Lane and Stacey Flood, who all added excellent impact off the bench last time out.
Ireland Team (v France Women, 2021 Women’s Six Nations Championship Round 3, Energia Park, Saturday, April 17, KO 2.15pm):
15. Eimear Considine (UL Bohemian/Munster)(16 caps)
14. Lauren Delany (Sale Sharks/IQ Rugby)(13)
13. Eve Higgins (Railway Union/Leinster)(1)
12. Sene Naoupu (Old Belvedere/ Leinster)(39)
11. Beibhinn Parsons (Ballinasloe/Blackrock College/Connacht)(9)
10. Hannah Tyrrell (Old Belvedere/Leinster)(18)
9. Kathryn Dane (Old Belvedere/Ulster)(11)
1. Lindsay Peat (Railway Union/Leinster)(32)
2. Cliodhna Moloney (Wasps/IQ Rugby)(24)
3. Linda Djougang (Old Belvedere/Leinster)(10)
4. Aoife McDermott (Railway Union/Leinster)(14)
5. Nichola Fryday (Blackrock College/Connacht)(16)
6. Dorothy Wall (Blackrock College/ Munster)(5)
7. Claire Molloy (Wasps/IQ Rugby)(71)
8. Ciara Griffin (Captain)(UL Bohemian/Munster)(34).
16. Emma Hooban (Blackrock College/Leinster)(7)
17. Katie O’Dwyer (Railway Union/Leinster)(2)
18. Laura Feely (Blackrock College/Connacht)(17)
19. Brittany Hogan (DCU/Old Belvedere/Ulster)(2)
20. Hannah O’Connor (Blackrock College/Leinster)(3)
21. Emily Lane (Blackrock College/Munster)(1)
22. Stacey Flood (Railway Union/Leinster)(1)
23. Amee-Leigh Murphy Crowe (Railway Union/Munster)*