Ireland team named for Six Nations opener against England
January 31, 2019 3:11 pm Site Editor
Ireland’s match day 23 for the Six Nations opener against England has been named, with twelve Leinster players included.
Robbie Henshaw has been selected at full back with Keith Earls and Jacob Stockdale on the wings.
Bundee Aki and Garry Ringrose make up the centre pairing while, inside them, Conor Murray is at scrum half and Johnny Sexton partners him.
Cian Healy, captain Rory Best and Tadhg Furlong are in the front row with the Leinster pair of Devin Toner and James Ryan behind them in the scrum.
Josh van der Flier partners Munster pair Peter O’Mahony and CJ Stander in the back row.
Sean Cronin, Andrew Porter, Sean O’Brien and Jordan Larmour are all named among the replacements.
Ireland team v England – Saturday, 2 February (KO 4.45)
15. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster/Buccaneers)
14. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
13. Garry Ringrose (UCD/Leinster)
12. Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht)
11. Jacob Stockdale (Lurgan/Ulster)
10. Jonathan Sexton (St Mary’s College/Leinster)
9. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster)
4. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
5. James Ryan (UCD/Leinster)
6. Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
7. Josh van der Flier (Leinster/UCD)
8. CJ Stander (Shannon/Munster)
16. Sean Cronin (St Mary’s College/Leinster)
17. Dave Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster)
18. Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster)
19. Quinn Roux (Galwegians/Connacht)
20. Sean O’Brien (UCD/Leinster)
21. John Cooney (Terenure College/Ulster)
22. Joey Carbery (Clontarf/Munster)
23. Jordan Larmour (St Mary’s College/Leinster)