Ireland Team to Face Romania Named
September 25, 2015 12:00 am client
Jamie Heaslip will lead Ireland from the back row when the boys in green face Romania in Wembley Stadium this Sunday.
Heaslip will be joined in the back row by Jordi Murphy and Chris Henry.
Cian Healy has been selected to start for Ireland for the first time since the win over Scotland at Murrayfield which clinched the 6 Nations title back in March.
His last start in competitive rugby came for Leinster against Ulster in Kingspan Stadium in the Guinness PRO12 last April.
Healy, Richardt Strauss and Nathan White make up the front row, while Devin Toner is partnered in the second row by Donnacha Ryan.
Eoin Reddan and Ian Madigan link up at halfback with Darren Cave and Jared Payne in the centre while the back three sees Simon Zebo fill the No.15 jersey with Tommy Bowe and Keith Earls in the wing positions.
The replacements are Sean Cronin, Jack McGrath, Tadhg Furlong, Paul O’Connell, Sean O’Brien, Conor Murray, Paddy Jackson and Rob Kearney.
Ireland team v Romania, Sunday, 27th September, Wembley Stadium, Rugby World Cup 2015 (KO 4.45pm)
15. Simon Zebo (Cork Con/Munster)
14. Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
13. Jared Payne (Ulster)
12. Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
11. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
10. Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster)
9. Eoin Reddan (Old Crescent/Leinster)
1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2. Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster)
3. Nathan White (Connacht)
4. Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
5. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
6. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
7. Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster)
8. Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster) CAPTAIN
16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
17. Jack McGrath (St Mary’s/Leinster)
18. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster)
19. Paul O’Connell (Young Munster)
20. Sean O’Brien (UCD/Leinster)
21. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
22. Paddy Jackson (Dungannon)
23. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)