Ireland team to face Scotland announced
February 7, 2019 1:58 pm Conor Sharkey
The Ireland team to face Scotland in Round 2 of the Guinness Six Nations on Saturday (KO 2.15pm) has been announced.
There are seven Leinster Rugby men in the starting XV, with a further four named among the replacements.
Rob Kearney comes in to start at full-back in place of Robbie Henshaw who has been ruled out of the game with a dead leg.
Johnny Sexton once again starts in the number 10 jersey with Conor Murray completing the half-back pairing.
Cian Healy and Tadhg Furlong will prop up the scrum either side of captain Rory Best.
James Ryan starts in the second row with Quinn Roux who comes in for the injured Devin Toner (ankle).
In the back row, Jack Conan comes in to start at number 8 with Seán O’Brien at openside flanker.
Seán Cronin, Andrew Porter, Josh van der Flier and Jordan Larmour will all be primed to contribute should they be called upon from the bench.
15. Rob Kearney (Leinster/UCD) 87 caps
14. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster) 73
13. Chris Farrell (Munster/Young Munster) 3 caps
12. Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht) 13
11. Jacob Stockdale (Lurgan/Ulster) 15
10. Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 79 VC
9. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 68
1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster) 85
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 114 CAPTAIN
3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster) 29
4. Quinn Roux (Galwegians/Connacht) 9
5. James Ryan (UCD/Leinster) 14
6. Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 53 VC
7. Seán O’Brien (Leinster/UCD) 53
8. Jack Conan (Leinster/Old Belvedere) 11 caps
16. Seán Cronin (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 66
17. Dave Kilcoyne (Munster/UL Bohemians) 25
18. Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster) 12
19. Ultan Dillane (Connacht/Corinthians) 11 caps
20. Josh van der Flier (Leinster/UCD) 14 caps
21. John Cooney (Ulster/Terenure College) 5
22. Joey Carbery (Clontarf/Munster) 17
23. Jordan Larmour (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 10