Ireland team to face Wales in Women’s Six Nations announced
February 7, 2020 1:50 pm client
Judy Bobbett will make her Women’s Six Nations debut when she starts for Ireland against Wales this Sunday at Energia Park (KO 1pm).
Bobbett, who previously captained the Leinster Rugby U18 Girls team, made her senior Leinster debut in this season’s Interprovincial Championship-winning campaign.
She will start in the second row alongside Leinster Rugby teammate Aoife McDermott.
In total, there are three changes to the side that overcame Scotland 18-14 in the first round of the Championship last Sunday at Energia Park.
Fit-again, Eimear Considine makes her first appearance of the tournament. She is named at full-back with Lauren Delaney moving to the right wing with Beibhinn Parsons named on the left wing.
There is no change to the centre partnership with Michelle Claffey and Sene Naoupu named at 12 and 13 respectively.
Claire Keohane, who won her first International XV cap last week, will make her first start at out-half with Kathryn Dane named at scrum-half.
There is no change to the front row with Lindsay Peat and Linda Djougang named in the front row, with Cliodhna Moloney selected at hooker.
Captain, Ciara Griffin, Edel McMahon and Anna Caplice complete the pack.
Speaking on the team selection, coach Adam Griggs said:
“It was great to start the campaign with a win. We started the game against Scotland well, but we have areas to work on for this weekend.
“Wales are a familiar side, we played them in November, and we lost to them in the final minutes of that game. We know how strong they are and where the threats are.
“I’ve no doubt they will be looking for a result on Sunday. If we get the small things right, I am confident we can come out on the right side.”
Tickets for Ireland v Wales are available on Ticketmaster.ie and will be available from the gate on the day.
15. Eimear Considine (UL Bohemian/Munster)
14. Lauren Delany (Firwood Waterloo/IQ Rugby)
13. Sene Naoupu (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
12. Michelle Claffey (Blackrock/Leinster)
11. Beibhinn Parsons (Ballinasloe/Connacht)
10. Claire Keohane (Railway Union/Munster)
9. Kathryn Dane (Old Belvedere/Ulster)
1. Lindsay Peat (Railway Union/Leinster)
2. Cliodhna Moloney (Wasps/IQ Rugby)
3. Linda Djougang (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
4. Aoife McDermott (Railway Union/Leinster)
5. Judy Bobbett (Blackrock/Leinster)
6. Ciara Griffin (UL Bohemian/Munster) CAPTAIN
7. Edel McMahon (Wasps/ Connacht/IQ Rugby)
8. Anna Caplice (Harlequins/ IQ Rugby)
16. Victoria Dabanovich O’Mahony (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
17. Laura Feely (Galwegians/Connacht)
18. Anne-Marie O’Hora (Galwegians/Connacht)
19. Ciara Cooney (Railway Union/Leinster)
20. Dorothy Wall (Railway Union/Munster)
21. Nicole Cronin (UL Bohemian/Munster)
22. Larissa Muldoon (Railway Union/Leinster)
23. Aoife Doyle (Railway Union/Munster)