IRFU HIGH PERFORMANCE SCRUM COACH…
March 20, 2012 / 12:00 am / client
The Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) is the governing body for the sport of rugby union in Ireland. It comprises four provincial branches Connacht, Leinster, Munster and Ulster, as well as being the national governing body…
The IRFU has recently established a High Performance Scrum Programme and wishes to invite applications for the position of High Performance (HP) Scrum Coach to lead and manage this programme.
Reporting to the IRFU Director of Rugby, the HP Scrum Coach, in conjunction with the High Performance Manager, will be responsible for the implementation and management of the programme in the National Academy structures in the four provinces and to the national and provincial age grade representative team structures.
(National and senior provincial teams will maintain existing coaching arrangements).
The successful candidate will have:
– Expert knowledge in the area of scrummaging and a proven track record of achievement in this area.
– An IRFU / IRB or related union coaching accreditation.
– The ability to plan, communicate, research and constantly evaluate current scrummaging practice in order to achieve excellence and realise the vision.
– A complete and thorough understanding of rugby union and the LTPD pathway.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels across the four provinces.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively to: Human Resources Department, Irish Rugby Football Union, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is 3rd April 2012.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.