September 28, 2012 12:00 am client
The IRFU are currently accepting applications for the position of Women’s and Girls’ Development Manager…
Reporting to the IRFU Director of Rugby Development and Club Game, the primary responsibility of this position will be increasing the participation of women in all forms of rugby through implementing a strategic plan which leverages the involvement of the Irish Women’s National team in both Olympic 7’s and Six Nations. Key to this success will be the execution of a promotion programme which raises the profile and changes the perception of the Women’s Game.
The successful candidate must also have flexible working arrangements ensuring their ability to work evenings and weekends.
Essential requirements for this post:
• Minimum of 2 years experience working in a sports development environment and/or high level of volunteering experience.
• Knowledge of factors affecting Girls and Women’s participation in sport and in particular rugby.
• Knowledge of Coach Education Pathway and Player pathway including LTPD.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Knowledge of MS Office and its applications.
Desirable requirements for this post:
• 2 years experience of developing girls and women’s rugby.
• Knowledge of the competition framework for Women’s team sports.
• Experience of organising and managing events.
Interested parties who meet the above criteria should send a curriculum vitae and cover letter of not more than one page supporting your application to email@example.com of Human Resources Department, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 19th October 2012.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.