IT Carlow have a vacancy for Forwards Coach and Programme Tutor – BA Sport and Exercise (Rugby)…
The person appointed will deliver a player development and coach education programme to a prescribed group of players, in line with the guidelines and protocols established by the IRFU’s Long Term Player Development for stages 3 – 4 and the IRFU Coaching Pathway.
The coach is responsible for developing all forward players’ technical skills and tactical appreciation of the game through high quality coaching and feedback to players. The person appointed will play an integral role in facilitating and delivering the player development and coach education elements of the programme and will be responsible for conducting individual player development plans with players and providing player feedback.
Successful applicants will demonstrate excellent organisation and communication skills as well as being able to work well within a team, as coaches will be required to plan and organise various sessions.
The coach may be required to work on weekends and some evenings as well as being required to travel across Ireland for fixtures
The person appointed will work with the Leinster Rugby Programme Leader on the Bachelor of Arts in Sport and Exercise (Rugby).
The primary responsibilities of the appointee will include;
a) Forwards Tutor on the Player Development and Coach Education modules of BA Sport & Exercise (Rugby ) programme including the carrying out of assessment, monitoring and evaluation of students progress;
b) providing an academic and consultative support to students in their learning activities;
c) providing input on the development of existing and new courses;
d) Co –ordination of the coaching placement in clubs and schools element of the course
e) Forwards Coach to IT Carlow teams
f) Liaise with relevant IT Carlow personnel in relation to programme activities
g) Promotion of the BA Sport and Exercise (Rugby) and the recruitment and assessing of applicants to the programme
Coaching Skills & Knowledge:
The Coach must:
1. Hold an appropriate honours degree
2. be qualified to a minimum of Level 2 (stage 4 LTPD) on the IRFU coach development pathway or equivalent coaching qualification from another rugby union;
3. plan and deliver high quality player development sessions;
4. review and reflect upon own coaching performance, and with Leinster Rugby identify an action plan for improvement;
5. deploy a player-centred approach within the delivery of forward coaching sessions;
6. demonstrate high quality observation and feedback skills;
7. provide feedback and action plans to forward players
8. demonstrate high personal standards of performance and conduct whilst working with players;
9. demonstrate through their coaching, an understanding of IRFU safeguarding requirements & protocols.
The closing date for applications is September 23rd
For further information or to apply please contact;
Declan Doyle, Head of Department of Sport Media and Marketing
Institute of Technology Carlow
Applications by e-mail containing CV outlining the academic and coaching qualifications of the applicant and contact details for three referees capable of giving a recent assessment of the competences and abilities of the applicant.