Job Opportunity – Community Rugby Officer (Female Game Development)
August 3, 2018 / 11:14 am / Site Editor
Leinster Rugby are inviting applications for a Community Rugby Officer (Female Game Development).
This position will cover the Dublin Metropolitan Area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting the female game, and developing the club and wider community to support increased player participation in the designated area.
For full details of the skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications required for this role please see the full job description below.
The position is being offered on a full-time, one-year fixed term contract basis.
Applications can be made through the online recruitment portal here.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 13th August, at 1pm. Interviews will take place on Friday 17th August 2018.
Position title: Community Rugby Officer (Female Game Development) – Metropolitan Area
Role and purpose of position:
To promote the female game and develop the club and wider community to support increased player participation in the designated area.
Operational: Community Rugby Manager, Leinster Rugby
Functional: Domestic Rugby Manager, Leinster Rugby
Directly reporting to the Community Rugby Manager, appraising and advising of progress to agreed targets as outlined in seasonal plans and KPIs. Adherence to agreed timetables and compliance with reporting procedures and standards as defined and reviewed by the CRM.
- Excellent organisation, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong time management skills and intra-personnel skills
- Good motivation and drive to deliver on agreed outcomes
- Commitment to the IRFU Code of Ethics in relation to dealing with underage players
- Full clean driving license
- Previous experience in the delivery of sporting programmes to individuals/Clubs/Schools/Committees around off and on field activation
- Experience in the provision of Rugby coaching
- Supporting clubs and schools in growing the game through promotion and participation initiatives
- Work with rugby department staff to develop schoolgirls game
- Support and advise committees to effectively drive and run the game
- Create and implement initiatives to grow the game
- Engage with WDOs and IRFU to ensure alignment and awareness of strategic direction
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required for this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required. The holder of this position is required to respond with a flexible approach when tasks arise which are not specifically covered in this job description.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with staff and stakeholders
- Progression and development of the female game, and volunteers involved in its’ administration
- Working as a proactive member of the Community Rugby Department
- Increase numbers playing the game
- Carry out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision
- Make effective and informed decisions in relation to the role
- Portray a competent and professional image of the IRFU and Leinster Rugby
- Complete duties and responsibilities to an effective and efficient standard
- Achieve set KPIs
- Increase Female Stage and Stage 2 participation in designated Metropolitan Clubs. Increase Female Stage 1 and Stage 2 participation in designated and agreed schools. o Support the volunteer group and committees within the metropolitan game to develop a sustainable school and club culture
- Provide qualitative support to the development pathway
- Develop Community Programmes to support the Female Game Develop and run Female Stage 1 events
- Develop and run Metropolitan based Female Stage 2 competition and events