Join the OLSC committee next season…
May 13, 2015 12:00 am client
The Ninth annual general meeting of the Official Leinster Supporters Club (OLSC) will take place over the summer for which details will follow shortly. The Club invites season ticket holders to consider standing for the committee for the 2015/16 season…
An election for the 2015/16 committee will take place at the AGM and nominations for the seven committee members will open shortly. Each committee member will serve the Club in a volunteer/unpaid capacity.
As many supporters will be aware our support base has grown substantially over the years, with this the role of the OLSC has also increased with work now taking place both on and outside of match day. All season ticket holders are automatically members of the Official Leinster Supporters Club (OLSC).
The role of a committee member won’t see you mingling with players but it will allow you to help supporters of the team far and wide. We currently do this in a number of ways, some of these are as follows:
* The provision of same day buses to the interprovincial fixtures
* Operation of any buses arranged for away European fixtures
* Research of travel advice and information for every away PRO12 game
* Away guide research and preparation for every away European fixture
* Negotiation and maintenance of supporter discounts/club sponsorship
* Writing at least 6 pieces of content for leinsterrugby.ie, the Herald, and match programme each week
* Management of the Club’s social media platforms
* Ongoing content management of the ‘Supporters’ section on leinsterrugby.ie
* Arranging flags and other blue material at the RDS and also at selected away games
* Managing activities in The Laighin Out, the clubs supporters bar and our base in the RDS
* Maintaining a database of overseas locations for supporters to watch games
* Research and preparing international TV broadcast information for every game
* Sourcing and selling of merchandise before and after games at The Laighin Out bar
* Dispatch of merchandise outside of match day in support of our mail order operation
* Working on behalf of supporters on issues raised throughout the season
* Organisation of supporter events in The Laighin Out including video filming and editing of same
* Assisting with fundraising activities and a flagship event for our chosen charity each season
* Answering email queries received from supporters
* Attendance of regular meetings with Leinster Rugby
* Other ad hoc tasks as required throughout the season
Those wishing to be nominated should be aware of the following requirements:
* You must be a season ticket holder as of 10 May 2015 (for the season 2015/16)
* You must have been a season ticket holder as of 1 January 2015 (Season 2014/15)
* You should be able to commit to working at least 45 minutes before and after our home games (this will increase for larger fixtures and when events such as a Q&A are being run) to assist with banners, the big jersey, flagging, merchandise selling and event management in the RDS/Laighin Out bar.
* You should be able to dedicate at least 3-4 hours during each week to assist with club business not related to match day
* You should be available to operate at least one of the Club’s buses (to Belfast, Galway and Limerick/Cork) during the season
* Operation of any away buses that the Club deem financially viable to operate for away European games
* You should be able to access the internet at least five times per week as we operate a web based forum to discuss issues outside of match day, we’ll provide training for this
* Attendance at every game is not required, however, you should travel to at least 3-4 away fixtures per season as support on the road continues to grow and the work this entails (distribution of flags etc) needs to be spread evenly around the committee (this will be at your own cost).
* Ideally you will have assisted us in the past as one of our volunteers so that you are familiar with some of the things we do.
Ongoing commitment is required from a committee member. If you can’t provide this, you can still help the Club. Join our volunteer list by sending your details to email@example.com We’ll contact you when we need assistance and you simply reply when you can help (no on going commitment required).
The date and further information around the AGM and committee election will be available in the coming weeks on this website. You can also register your interest to receive this information by email by contacting the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org (you will be under no obligation to stand once details are finalised).
Download the Club Constitution here
Download minutes from the last AGM here
Keep in touch with the Supporters Club: