Leinster Rugby Seeks Charity Partners for 2014/2015
July 8, 2014 12:00 am client
With the new season only around the corner, Leinster Rugby is inviting charities to get creative and to tell us why your charity could really benefit from a season long association with Leinster Rugby.
The application process to be nominated is now open, with two charity partnerships available and with the successful charities partnering Leinster Rugby until June 2015.
In order to be considered, your charity must:-
- Be an Irish registered charity with a Leinster focus.
- Be aligned to one or more of: sport, health, youth, education, social inclusion.
- Use the partnership to create a tangible and lasting legacy.
- Provide volunteering opportunities for Leinster Rugby staff.
- Have a team or an individual, within your operation, in place to handle the partnership.
Applications should be no more than a two-page A4 proposal, answering the following questions:-
- What is the problem or the issues your charity is aiming to address?
- How will a partnership with Leinster Rugby help to address the problem or these issues?
- What is unique about your charity?
- What will an association with Leinster Rugby help you achieve that couldn’t be achieved without it?
- Do you have an objective or a fundraising target with Leinster Rugby and if so how will the funds raised be put to best use?
- How will you ensure a sustainable legacy?
- What would a calendar year of activity look like e.g. general overview of initiatives/events planned?
- How will this partnership engage with Leinster Rugby staff and the wider Leinster Rugby community?
If selected here are the benefits of being a charitable partner:-
- A launch event to announce the partnership to media supported by Leinster Rugby players
- Digital and social media support in addition to space in the Leinster Rugby match day programme and the Irish Independent Friday supplement
- Match tickets to all home Leinster Rugby fixtures and first refusal on away match tickets
- Signed Leinster Rugby merchandise for fundraising initiatives
- A schedule of rights, including the use of the Leinster Rugby logo on digital platforms and promotional material
- A unique association with a Leinster Rugby home game and a separate fundraising event or initiative to allow your charity to raise awareness
The closing date for applications is Friday 18th July 2014 and they should be sent in confidence to: Marcus Ó Buachalla, Communications Manager, Leinster Rugby by email to Marcus.email@example.com with CHARITY APPLICATION – YOUR CHARITY NAME as the subject matter.
A newly established CSR Committee within Leinster Rugby, in consultation with players and management, will shortlist a number of charities and they will then be asked to present their ideas to the CSR Committee in early August.
Two charities will then be selected and the successful charities will be informed of this decision by Friday, 15th August 2014.
Best of luck!