Longford RFC seek Senior Men’s Forward Coach for 2020/21 season
July 31, 2020 12:52 pm Site Editor
Longford RFC are looking for applicants for the roles of Senior Men’s Forward Coach. Longford are a thriving club based in the midlands of Ireland.
The club has expanded considerably over the last decade, especially at underage and in their Women’s section.
They field two Senior Men’s teams who play in Leinster League Division 1B. The 1st XV have finished in the top three for the last three years and the 2nd XV won the division last year.
The club also have some of the best facilities available with a new state of the art 4G full-size pitch about to commence construction.
Longford are now looking to appoint an ambitious Forwards Coach for the coming season to help the squad take the next step in their progression.
The person appointed will work alongside Head Coach Glenn Baskett and Director of Rugby Niall Moran to achieve this goal.
Longford’s Forwards Coach will be responsible for developing all forward players’ technical skills and tactical appreciation of the game through high quality coaching and feedback to players along with successful game plan implementation alongside the Head Coach.
Successful applicants will demonstrate excellent organisation and communication skills as well as being able to work well within a team, as coaches will be required to plan and organise various sessions.
The coach will be required to work on weekends and evenings as well as being required to travel across Leinster for fixtures
Coaching Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Be qualified to a minimum of Level 2 (stage 4 LTPD) on the IRFU coach development pathway or equivalent coaching qualification from another rugby union
- Plan and deliver high quality player development session
- Review and reflect upon own coaching performance, and with Leinster Rugby identify an action plan for improvement
- Deploy a player-centred approach within the delivery of forward coaching sessions
- Demonstrate high quality observation and feedback skills
- Provide feedback and action plans to forward players
- Demonstrate high personal standards of performance and conduct whilst working with players
- Demonstrate through their coaching, an understanding of IRFU safeguarding requirements & protocols
The closing date for applications is Monday, 10 August.
For further information or to apply please contact Niall Moran, Longford RFC Director of Rugby, by email firstname.lastname@example.org , or phone 087 9185073.