Metal Overload: Andrew Porter tackles our new music Q&A
July 7, 2020 3:37 pm Conor Sharkey
Leinster Rugby’s resident metalhead Andrew Porter is first up to tackle the 10 questions in our music Q&A and add his tracks to our Spotify playlist.
You can listen to Leinster Rugby’s Home Workout Mix Spotify playlist here, with tracks selected by players from Leinster Rugby’s Men’s and Women’s teams.
1. What was the last song you listened to?
The last song I listened to was “MOSKAU” by Rammstein.
2. Tell us a song you’re currently obsessed with.
“Angry Again” by Megadeth.
3. You’re booking your dream festival line-up: who are the main stage headliners for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
If I was booking the festival line up I’d have Iron Maiden on the Friday, Slipknot on the Saturday and Metallica on the Sunday.
4. Earliest music memory?
Listening to Dire Straits in the car on the way to primary school.
5. Your guilty pleasure?
I love listening to soul music.
6. You can only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what is it?
Ride the Lightning by Metallica.
7. What was the first concert you ever went to?
The first concert I went to…I went to P Diddy and Snoop Dogg in The Point when I was eight… With my mum.
8. Favourite Irish band/artist?
The Cranberries. I started listening to them when I first heard “Zombie” when I was younger.
9. What two songs do you want to add to the Leinster Rugby Home Workout Mix on Spotify?
I’d add “Duality” by Slipknot and “Master of Puppets” by Metallica.
10. And what one song do you want to remove?
I’d remove “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd.
Leinster Rugby is on Spotify! Follow our Home Workout Mix playlist.