Welcome to the Mini 1 Coaching resource; designed to help coaches introduce beginner players (under-7s and under-8s) to Mini Rugby.
Mini 1 Rugby coaching sessions revolve around players playing the game and the capacities of players at this level dictate that development is best promoted through the medium of play. Each of the six session plans that form this resource, therefore, centre around games and game-like activities where the players play.
Content for each session can be downloaded using the pdf links above and video clips for each activity are available below.
This coach development resource is supplemented by the work of the Community Rugby Officers throughout Leinster who run a series of coach development workshops.
To arrange to host a coach development workshop in your club/school you can contact your local Community Rugby Officer:
• Steve Coy Midlands & North East firstname.lastname@example.org
• Colm Finnegan Dublin City (North) email@example.com
• Stephen Gore DunLaoighre Rathdown firstname.lastname@example.org
• Maurice Logue North Midlands & South East email@example.com
• Gerry McCleery Fingal firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tom McKeown South Dublin email@example.com
• Billy Phelan Dublin City (South) firstname.lastname@example.org