Mullingar RFC seek head coach for the 2022/23 season
March 30, 2022 2:40 pm Site Editor
Mullingar RFC are seeking to appoint a head coach for its Leinster League 1B Senior Men team for the 2022/23 season.
The club fields two adult male teams and has a strong underage system with teams at all age groups from U-7 to U-18.5. The club has a 4G pitch which allows quality training to take place throughout the season.
The successful applicant will be responsible for designing and implementing a training programme for both the first and second XV to improve the physical, tactical, technical and mental capabilities of the players within a team environment that will allow players to succeed both on and off the field.
The successful applicant will be supported by the rugby committee.
- To design and deliver a programme that ensures that both the first and second XV can execute a coherent and appropriate gameplan through the season that optimises the potential of the squad.
- Attend and supervise all training sessions and games for the senior men. Select the first and and second XV.
- Foster and maintain a positive team culture within the squad, e.g. honest, respectful, resilient.
- Assist in building a connection between the U-18.5 boys and the Senior squad to improve retention of underage players.
- Assist the rugby committee with the recruitment of coaches and players.
- Strong Technical and Tactical understanding of rugby.
- Good Communication and Player Management skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Stage 3 IRFU Coaching Award
- Previous coaching experience
Suitable candidates may apply by email in the strictest confidence, including their CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5.30pm Wednesday 13 April.