National Women’s Team Physiotherapist Vacancy…
July 11, 2013 12:00 am client
The Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) is the governing body for the sport of rugby union in Ireland. We are currently inviting applications for the position of ‘National Women’s Team Physiotherapist’. This role is part of the women’s Olympic programme for Rio 2016…
Primary responsibilities will be to:
– Provide physiotherapy care to the National Women’s 15s, 7s and Emerging squad players
– Work with the National Women’s Team Doctor in the treatment and monitoring of player injuries
– Report to the National Women’s Team Doctor and National Team Coach on matters relating to players’ injuries and progress
– Liaise with Provincial physiotherapists regarding the progress and ongoing treatment of players
– Liaise with non-Irish based players’ physiotherapists on matters relating to players’ care
– Work closely with other specialists and the IRFU fitness staff in the prehabilitation and injury rehabilitation of players
– Manage and coordinate all aspects of physiotherapy services including pre-season and in-season screening, design and implementation of individualised player prehabilitation and rehabilitation programmes, and pitch side care
– Document player injuries on the IRFU Injury database
– Accompany players, where possible, on visits to consultant appointments
– Maintain links in the academic community to provide up to date research in injury prevention and other areas
Key qualities of the Candidate
– Chartered physiotherapy degree or equivalent
– A minimum of two years post graduate experience as team physiotherapist in an elite sport environment
– Excellent clinical skills
– The ability to work well within a team environment
– Excellent organisation, communication and IT skills
– A post-graduate qualification in sports and/or musculoskeletal physiotherapy or sports science
– Sports specific emergency pitch side training i.e. SAFE-Rugby Level 2 or equivalent
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration and benefits package commensurate with this responsibility. This position is being offered on a 2 year Fixed Term, full-time basis. Applicants should note that this role will be based in Dublin City University.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter (of no more than one page) supporting your application to email@example.com or by post to Eoin Ward, HR Department, IRFU, 10/12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Closing date for applications is 22 July 2013 at 5pm.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.