Navan RFC seek coaches for their U-20 Programme
March 27, 2022 1:45 pm Site Editor
Navan RFC is a community club based in Co Meath. Their Senior men’s team plays in AIL Division 1B and seconds play in Metro 3.
Navan RFC gained promotion from AIL 2C to 1B over the last three pre-Covid seasons. This success was on the back of strong coaching and youth development over the previous 10 years.
Navan are now seeking a Head Coach and coach assists for its U20 Programme for the 2022-2025 seasons.
Navan entered the JP Fanagan U-20 League in 2015 where they won the Premier 2 Division. In their second season Navan competed in the Premier 1 Division and won the AIL Fraser McMullen Cup. Subsequent seasons have seen Navan competing in Premier 2 Division.
The U-20 programme is a critical element in their player development pathway. Navan RFC are fully committed to giving this role the full support that is required.
– Be responsible for the direction and implementation of the U-20 programme.
– Plan and lead all training sessions and attend all matches
– Work with senior coaches, coach assist and players to develop individual skills, technical and tactical awareness and higher levels of game awareness.
– Ensure the players have an inclusive, challenging but enjoyable rugby experience.
– Create a fun environment.
– Assist head coach in the implementation of the coaching philosophy
– Be responsible for individual player development
– Assist the head coach in development of team unit skills, tactics and levels of team understanding
– You are a coach with a clear, positive coaching philosophy
– You know what to coach
– You know who is in front of you and what their needs are
– You know how to coach and how to develop your players and teams.
– You understand how important it is to get the balance right for the player, for the team, for the club and for our sport
– You love working in a challenging, supportive environment.
If this is you, please forward your rugby CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 11 April, at 5pm.