Now is the time for your club to begin planning for the 2018/19 season
February 27, 2018 12:49 pm Site Editor
With just three months remaining in the 2017/18 rugby season, now is the time to start thinking about next season and your club.
Have you thought about next year’s plan? Have you thought about gathering more volunteers to share the workload?
Now is the time to beginning planning to get your rugby club prepared for the 2018/2019 season.
By getting prepared now, your club will have the power to add:
- more members
- more coaches
- more teams
- more events
- more money
- more sponsors
Doing the above can increase your club’s profile. Simply act together to achieve more!
Questions your club needs to ask:
- What needs to be done?
- What tasks need to be completed?
- Which volunteer roles need to be filled?
Now, how can we fill these roles?
- Where is your audience?
- How do you currently communicate with your audience?
- How to better communicate with them.
- Approach members and parents while they are at your club and ask them would they do one task.
- Identify certain skills/competencies within your club and match to specific roles.
- Update your membership form to ask what skills your members/parents have. Ask them to be involved.
Remember, clarity is key. Know exactly what role/tasks you need to fill and are asking people to do.
People are right there in your club each week – in the car park, on the side of the pitch, in the clubhouse, all waiting to be asked, so:
Ask them – Involve them – Use Wisely – One Hour Commitment.
If you have any questions on how you can grow the number of volunteers at your club and beginning planning for next season, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.