OLSC AGM set for 26 July
May 28, 2014 12:00 am client
The OLSC hereby advises that the Club’s eighth annual general meeting will take place at The Laighin Out, RDS, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 at 3pm on Saturday 26th July…
An election for the 2014/15 committee will take place at the AGM and nominations for the seven committee members required must be received by 5pm on Monday 16 June 2014.
Long standing committee member Jarrod Bromley who has served since the club’s inception in 2007 is stepping down at the AGM, there is also other committee places avaliable. Fresh blood is always required to ensure that the club’s standards are maintained and that it continues to grow in the future.
The record date for this meeting shall be 31 May 2014.
Motions are also called for at this time and must be received no later than 5pm, Monday 16 June 2014.
As many supporters will be aware our support base has grown substantially over the years, with this the role of the OLSC has also increased with work now taking place both on and outside of match day. All season ticket holders are automatically members of the Official Leinster Supporters Club/OLSC).
The role of a committee member won’t see you mingling with players but it will allow you to help supporters of the team far and wide. We currently do this in a number of ways, some of these are as follows:
* The provision of same day buses to the interprovincial fixtures
* Operation of any buses arranged for away European fixtures
* Research of travel advice and information for every away PRO12 game
* Away guide research and preparation for every away European fixture
* Negotiation and maintanence of supporter discounts / club sponsorship
* Writing at least 6 pieces of content for leinsterrugby.ie, the Herald, and match programme each week
* Management of the Club’s social media platforms
* Ongoing content management of the ‘Supporters’ section on leinsterrugby.ie
* Arranging flags and other blue material at the RDS and also at selected away games
* Managing activities in The Laighin Out, the clubs supporters bar and our base in the RDS
* Maintaining a database of overseas locations for supporters to watch games
* Research and preparing international TV broadcast information for every game
* Sourcing and selling of merchandise before and after games at The Laighin Out bar
* Dispatch of merchandise outside of match day in support of our mail order operation
* Working on behalf of supporters on issues raised throughout the season
* Organisation of supporter events in The Laighin Out including video filming and editing of same
* Assisting with fundraising activities and a flagship event for our chosen charity each season
* Answering email queries received from supporters
* Attendance of regular meetings with Leinster Rugby
* Other adhoc tasks as required throughout the season
Those wishing to be nominated should be aware of the following requirements:
* You must be a season ticket holder as of 25 May 2014 (for the season 2014/15)
* You must have been a season ticket holder as of 1 January 2014 (Season 2013/14)
* You should be able to commit to working at least 45 minutes before and after our home games (this will increase for larger fixtures and when events such as a Q&A are being run) to assist with banners, the big jersey, flagging, merchandise selling and event management in the RDS/Laighin Out bar.
* You should be able to dedicate at least 3-4 hours during each week to assist with club business not related to match day
* You should be available to operate at least one of the Club’s buses (to Belfast, Galway and Limerick/Cork) during the season
* Operation of any away buses that the Club deem financial viable to operate for away European games
* You should be able to access the internet at least five times per week as we operate a web based forum to discuss issues outside of match day, we’ll provide training for this
* Attendance at every game is not required however you should travel to at least 3-4 away fixtures per season as support on the road continues to grow and the work this entails (distribution of flags etc) needs to be spread evenly around the committee (this will be at your own cost).
* Ideally you will have assisted us in the past as one of our volunteers so that you are familiar with some of the things we do, if you would like to be added as a volunteer for next season with a view to joining the committee in 2015/16 please see below.
Ongoing commitment is required from a committee member. If you can’t provide this, you can still help the Club. Join our volunteer list by sending your details to firstname.lastname@example.org We’ll contact you when we need assistance and you simply reply when you can help (no on going commitment required).
Should potential committee candidates have any questions they can e-mail email@example.com
If you wish to stand for the 2014/15 committee please complete the form below, have it signed appropriately by two other season ticket holders and return to us along with a short note (less than 100 words) on what skills/ideas you would bring to the Club by email before 5pm on Monday 16 June 2014.
Download the committee member nomination form here
Download the Club Constitution here
Download minutes from the last AGM here
Keep in touch with the Supporters Club: