OLSC Committee Nominations close Monday
July 27, 2017 9:50 pm OLSC
An election for the 2017/18 committee will take place at the AGM and nominations for the seven committee members required must be received by 5pm, this Monday, 31st July 2017.
Fresh blood is always required to ensure that the club’s standards are maintained and that it continues to grow in the future.
The record date for this meeting shall be 30th, June 2017.
Motions are also called for at this time and must be received no later than 5pm, Monday, 31st July 2017.
As many supporters will be aware our support base has grown substantially over the years, with this the role of the OLSC has also increased with work now taking place both on and outside of match day. All season ticket holders are automatically members of the Official Leinster Supporters Club (OLSC).
The role of a committee member is an unpaid volunteer role that won’t see you mingling with players but it will allow you to help supporters of the team far and wide. We currently do this in a number of ways, some of these are as follows:
- Running same day buses to the interprovincial fixtures and airport buses abroad where feasible.
- Research of travel advice and information for all of our away games.
- Content generation across print and web including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Arranging flags and other blue material at the RDS and also at selected away games.
- Managing activities in The Laighin Out, the clubs supporters bar and our base in the RDS.
- Research and preparing international TV broadcast information for every game
- Sourcing and selling of merchandise before and after games at The Laighin Out bar and via mail order.
- Negotiation of season ticket holder discounts.
- Working on behalf of supporters on issues identified / raised throughout the season.
- Attendance of regular meetings with Leinster Rugby.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required throughout the season.
Those wishing to be nominated should be aware of the following requirements:
- You must be a season ticket holder as of 30 June 2017 (for the season 2017/18).
- You must have been a season ticket holder as of 1 January 2017 (Season 2016/17).
- You do not need to be available for every home game however some pre and post match work will be required at certain times and this will be agreed in advance among the committee.
- You should be available to operate at least one of the Club’s buses (to Belfast, Galway and Limerick/Cork) during the season. Assistance with the operation of any away buses that the Club deem financially viable for European away games will also require committee assistance.
- You must be able to access our online private forum throughout the week to discuss Club business and provide views and opinions on behalf of supporters. We will provide training for this.
- Attendance at every game is not required, however, you should travel to at least 2-3 away fixtures per season as support on the road continues to grow and the work this entails (distribution of flags etc) needs to be spread evenly around the committee (this will be at your own cost).
- Ideally you will have assisted us in the past as one of our volunteers so that you are familiar with some of the things we do, if you would like to be added as a volunteer for next season with a view to joining the committee in 2017/18 please see below.
Ongoing commitment is required from a committee member. If you can’t provide this, you can still help the Club. Join our volunteer list by sending your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you when we need assistance and you simply reply when you can help (no ongoing commitment required).
Should potential committee candidates have any questions they can e-mail email@example.com.
If you wish to stand for the 2017/18 committee please complete the form below, have it signed appropriately by two other Season Ticket holders and return to us along with a short note (less than 100 words) on what skills/ideas you would bring to the Club by email before 5pm, Monday, 31st July 2017.
Download the committee member nomination form here.
Download the Club Constitution here.
Download minutes from the last AGM here.